Thursday, August 13, 2009

I've been tagged...

I was tagged by Redz2486 with this KreativBlogger tag. I like to think that I'm a little bit creative with my blog and I've tried to make the design of my blog a little unique. I will be working more on that next week when I have some software to play around with! The deal with this tag is that you have to give 7 random facts about yourself, I've done a similar tag before so I'll try and think of new things you don't already know, so here goes...

1) Despite being a beauty product junkie, I only have two blushes (I'm more of a highlighter kinda gal). I have naturally rosy cheeks so I don't feel the need to wear any. It can be both a blessing and a curse! (cue red faced Laura after a couple of glasses of wine!!!)

2) On a visit to a Dairy Farm in Primary 1 (I was 5 years old), we were walking through a field of dairy cows when the wind started to pick up and it started raining...only it wasn't rain...it was a cow peeing next to us. I still have nightmares...

3) My fiance's pet name for me is Piglet. It's not the most flattering of pet names and at first I hated it but it's become a running joke (what girl wants to be compared to a pig?!). It basically came about because we always make fun of eachother and when a picture of a cute little piglet came up on the tv, he said "awww, that's cute, it looks like you!" and it kinda stuck. He changed the screensaver on my laptop without my knowledge to a piglet picture, adapts pop songs to involve the word piglet and often refers to me as that in front of other people. Most girls say they would find it offensive but I find it funny, I know he says it as a joke and that's just our sense of humour. Everyone needs to be able to laugh at themselves.

4) When I was about 7, the day before a family photograph, I sat behind the livingroom couch and cut my fringe with blunt scissors because it was "getting in my eyes". You can imagine my mum's horror when she found me sitting there with my lovely long blonde hair, a stubby little fringe and a big smile on my face. The photo was still taken and it still haunts me to this day!

5) Ok, I'll put my hands up...I wear makeup to the gym. I know, I know, you shouldn't do it, but I always go to the gym after work and I can never be bothered washing all my makeup off before working out, so I just leave it on. There are alot of gym go-ers who cringe when they see a girl wearing makeup there, but in my case it's more laziness than vanity.

6) I went backpacking around Europe when I was 19 with two friends and it was amazing. Everyone thought it was hilarious that I was going to rough it and I did impractical stuff like pack full size Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner and applied makeup everyday but hey, I got through it and I was proud of myself! We went to Paris,Barcelona, Venice, Florence, Sienna, Budapest, Prague, Krakow and Warsaw. It was great to see all those places and it gave me a good idea of where I wanted to go back to in the future (Barcelona was my fave!).

7) Which leads me onto the next fact about me...I am very determined. If someone tells me I can't do something or I'm not good enough, then I make it my mission to do it (like backpacking!). I can be very competitive and will try and prove people wrong. So if someone tells me I can't get a certain job, I will work harder and get it, if someone tells me I can't keep up with them at the gym, I will train until I can and if someone tells me I can't pass an exam, I will damn well do it! I'm never sure if this is determination or stubborness...either or, it has served me well.

I tag:

Bubblegarm http://bubblegarm.blogspot.com

Miss Natty's Beauty Diary http://nattyngeorge.blogspot.com

It's in The Bag... http://gillian-itsinthebag.blogspot.com

Amy Antoinette http://dollyboo101.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment