Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6 Products I have been LOVING this week

Hello ladies! I thought I would let you in on what products I am really enjoying using this week, some are new and some, I have had some for ages.

The products are:

1) Soap & Glory Heel Genius - I have been really trying to show some love to my feet recently. I had neglected them for a while coz I was just too busy to file/scrub/intensely moisturise them. The result was very dry feet...not very pretty! My love of high heels means that I really have to keep on top of this problem. So at the weekend, I went to work on them using a foot file, foot scrub and foot cream. The foot cream of choice was S & G's Heel Genius and I gotta say that after applying it every night since Saturday and popping on some cotton socks to sleep in, my feet are now silky soft and looking lovely. The cream contains Allantoin, Glycerin, Macadamia Oil, Menthol, Bilberry and Orange & Lemon Fruit Acid Smoothers.

2)Sebastian Penetraitt Deep Strengthening and Repair Mask - As part of my Project Healthy Hair posts, I have been trying out this mask that was sent to me. I have been using the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and this product to stregthen my hair. I love the initial effect it has of making my hair feel nourished but weightless at the same time. So they are my current favourites and I will be using them both once a week to improve the overall condition of my hair.

3) Sebastian Whipped Creme Light Conditioning Style Whip - This was another product I was sent for free to test out. I got loads of products from the Sebastian line and I will be posting reviews on them all over the next couple of weeks. When I squirted this styling creme into my hand, I loved the way it looked like real whipped cream! It looks good enough to eat...take a look for yourself...

The formula is so creamy and feels really luxurious. It also has a really nice fresh smell. Once you have dried your hair, there's absolutely no crunchiness or dry feeling like you get with some mousses. I would say that this product is better for giving your blow dry a bit of bounce but it's by no means a super volumising product. It's more of a light styler for fine hair (I'm not sure what effect it would have on thicker hair). I love using this because I feel like it's conditioning my hair as I use it.

4) Bourjois Shimmering Shine Liquid Eyeshadow in no.33 Beige Metallique - I have spoken about this product before whilst doing FOTD's. I just adore this stuff because the colour is so flattering, it's a pale bronzey beige that can be worn alone or as a base (the swatch doesn't do it justice). It lasts all day without creasing at all and it lasts for ages. I really wish they did this product in more colours coz they're onto a winner. It's a shade that would suit everyone and it's so pretty. I hope they never discontinue this coz I would keep buying this forever.
5) Loreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black - My usual favourite mascara is YSL Faux Cils but as mine had dried out recently (an annoying trait of this product :( ), I started using my other mascaras that often get neglected. I picked up Telescopic and was reminded how good this mascara is for creating a really long clean look. It really lengthens my lashes and never clumps. It never smudges or flakes and I would really recommend it to everyone.

6) L'Occitane Rose Petale Lip Gloss - I picked this gloss up whilst browsing in the L'Occitane store looking for their gorgeous shower oil. It was sitting in a bowl at the till and like the typical beauty junkie that I am, I picked up two (one of which I sent to Michelle a.k.a. Lipstick Rules for our swap). This Rose Petal shade really impressed me coz it's a really milky peach colour and it's alot more pigmented than I thought it would be!It looks gorgeous over nude lipsticks and also lovely on it's own. It makes your lips feel really soft too as it contains Shea Butter and musky rose oil...a product that looks great AND conditions your lips! Perfect!












No comments:

Post a Comment