Sunday, August 9, 2009

FOTD and some new products

This was what I wore makeup wise last night to go for a meal and the cinema with the girls. I tried out a couple of new products I was sent from Elain Colorist.

For this look I used MAC Strobe Liquid, Maxfactor Lasting Performance Foundation in Honey Beige, Benefit Erase Paste, MAC MSF Natural in Medium, Prestige Mineral Bronzer in St Tropez, Barry M Natural Dazzle Bronzer to contour, MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle (I LOVE the sheen this gives to my cheekbones that can be seen in the pics below).

On my eyes I used MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study as a base, Prestige I-Divine eyeshadow palette (bronze shade and light gold mixed together), Elain Colorist Duet Eyeliner in Blue along lashline, Elain Colorist Sparkle Stick in Gold in tearduct, Rimmel Eye Pencil in White for waterline, Prestige Skin Loving Minerals in Pure Shimmer for browbone, Maxfactor Calorie 2000 mascara. On my lips I used YSL Rouge Volupte in no.2 and Lancome Star lipgloss in 208.

I absolutely adore the Elain products I have been sent (they sent a huge amount so I will drip feed it into posts as I use them). The first two I used, the Duet Eyeliner and Sparkle Stick, have made me want to try the rest of it right now. The Duet Eyeliner in blue is such a gorgeous peacock greeny blue, it adds a dash of colour without being overpowering. As you can see it has amazing packaging where one end is a creamy pencil liner that you apply first and the other end is a liquid liner to intensify the colour. You can also use them separately if you want. The liquid liner has a tapered brush that makes it so easy to apply. It's waterproof and didn't budge all night. I am so impressed by the quality of these. The sparkle stick is a gorgeous shimmery gold that would be perfect for the browbone and inner corner of the eye. All I can say is wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment