Monday, August 17, 2009

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

I feel like I'm jumping on the bandwagon awfully late with this one coz this product has almost achieved cult status in magazines. I was sent this product at the weekend and I couldn't wait to try it. I hope you guys know that, if I am sent a product for free, I am always upfront about it and would never say I like something just because I got it for free. I just wanted to clear that up first as there's been alot of comments going around these blogs at the moment surrounding people doing reviews on products they were sent. I always do honest reviews and I wil continue to do so no matter what.

I have only used this mask once and I was surprised to see that you have to apply this hair mask BEFORE you shampoo your hair. You wet your hair, apply it thoroughly (I combed it through) and leave it on for 10-20 mins. The product promised to deliver "intensive, super-moisturising treatment for all hair types. Adds elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine".

I was a bit dubious that if it's applied before shampooing that the benefits might just get washed down the drain. But I have to say that it made a very noticeable different to the condition of my hair with just one application. Below is a pic of my hair blowdried straight with NO styling products at all. I'm really happy with the shine and softness of my hair. I will report back in a few weeks after using this once or twice a week and see if it transforms my hair. I really like this hair mask so far and I can see why it's been so popular. I'm always looking for products to imrpove the texture and look of my hair coz I get it highlighted every 6 weeks and this can take it's toll after a while. I will be continuing Project Healthy Hair by not using heated appliances as much and using products like this one.

Have you used this product and if so, what do you think of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment