Sunday, August 30, 2009

Superdrug Spree

While I was in town yesterday shopping with my other half, I popped into Superdrug claiming I was just going to "have a look around for a minute" so off he toddled to the menswear dept in a nearby shop and off I skipped to the makeup stands. Hurrah!
The first thing that caught my eye was a Loreal Studio Secrets stand promoting the Smoothing Resurfacing Primer and since I have seen countless YouTube vids and posts on this, I picked one up to try (it was on offer for £9.99).
I have to say that I was really disappointed by the tiny size of this tub compared to the price, it's a bit stingy! You can see how small it is from my pic where I'm holding it (the jar is 15ml). I know a little goes a long way but surely a 30ml jar would have been better to be comparable to other mid-end primers???

On first look, this primer is a marshmallow pink colour and has the weirdest texture...kind of feels spongey when you first touch it but then it melts into the skin and feel silky smooth...love that. I applid it yesterday before my foundation and I have to say that it really created a smooth, silky base that made my makeup go on like a dream. So all the ravings about this product are true. My makeup looked even and any shine on my T-Zone was eliminated by this product. I love how light it feels on the skin too. So overall, I'm loving this primer, I just wish they had been a bit more generous with the amount of product in the jar.

Next up, I made a bee line for the GOSH stand as I have wanted to try the Extreme Art LIners for ages. I picked out the steel grey and bronze colours (no.25 & 24). As I had been advised before, they liquid liners are very thick compared to what I'm used to using but I quickly learnt how to make this work for me. I used the steel grey colour last night and created a really great flicked out effect that was a bit more subtle than my normal black. I have to say that this liner definitely lasts the distance! It didn't budge AT ALL and that really impressed me as some liquid liners can transfer down onto your lower lashline in the inner corners of the eye. I'm looking forward to using the bronze one! I will definitely go back for more of these babies!

Next up I went over to the Bourjois stand and spied a liquid eyeshadow that I have wanted to try for a while. It's a more gold version of Beige Mettalique and I love it! The colour is gorgeous and just that little bit more gold. I love these eyeshadows so much, they last for ages and they are fantastic on their own or as a base...I wish they made more shades coz I would buy them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment