Saturday, January 2, 2010

FOTD using new MAC products

I hope everyone had a lovely New Year. I couldn't wait to try the new MAC products I got, as featured in my last post, so I went right ahead and used some of them. Now as you know, I'm not one for super dark, dramatic looks so as you've probably guessed, I have done a look using purple eyeshadow that's toned down and totally wearable for daytime. And shock horror, there's winged eyeliner...pretty much my signature look.ha ha. I guess I just find that when I try out really crazy makeup, it generally doesn't suit me and it just kind of defies the whole point of what I'm trying to achieve, which is to enhance my natural features. When I see other people's posts and how adventurous they are with their makeup, I sometimes feel I am too 'safe' but at the end of the day, what suits me, suits me and that's the most important thing I guess. Ok, so onto the makeup....Face: Virgin Vie Skin Dew (as a base), Revlon Colourstay in True Beige and Natural Beige (mixed to suit my paler winter complexion!), Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector (under eyes), Lise Watier Concealer Wheel (palest shade used for around nose and blemishes), MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Face Powder, Lancome Star Bronzer (all over face), Bare Minerals Faux Tan (to contour), RMK Blush in Holographic Coral, MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl (on tops of cheekbones and browbones).
Eyes: Benefit Brow Zings palette, MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (as a base), MAC e/s in Naked Lunch (all over lid), MAC e/s in Parfait Amour (applied lightly on outer corners of lid and in crease), Bourjois e/s in Blanc Diaphane (dabbed lightly on centre of lid and in inner corner of eyes), Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Liner in Black (along top lashline), MAC e/s in Carbon (to tidy up and soften eyeliner), Rimmel eye pencil in White (waterline), Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara in Black.
Lips: MAC Creme De Nude lipstick, MAC Cremesheen Lipglass in Boy Bait.

I really love Cream Colour Base in Pearl to create a really nice glow, as I had said in a previous post, it's basically Nars Albatross in cream form. I also tried it over Nars Albatross very lightly to up the glow ante and it worked really well. As long as you don't overdo it, it has a really pretty effect (just remember to dab it on the back of your hand first for a more even application). The Cremesheen Lipglass in Boy Bait is gorgeous over any nude lipstick and I really like the formulation. The P & P Transparent powder, which some people hate, actually turned out to be really good. If you're expecting it to give a really radiant finish then don't get this powder (go for Korres Wild Rose powder or MAC MSF Natural). I found that it gives a flawless soft matte finish, without making you look cakey or ghostly. I do like the powder but it's not my favourite in my collection. I don't really need to comment on the MAC eyeshadows I used as we all know that MAC's e/s are always very good. What I will say is that Naked Lunch is an everyday essential and Parfait Amour, although it looks scarily bright in the pan, when applied lightly, it creates a really pretty effect. If you want a more dramatic look then you can just apply it with a heavier hand than I did. I never thought I would LOVE a purple eyeshadow but it's so beautiful and unique, I couldn't pass it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment