Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nars Deep Throat Blush & Wedding Stuff

I've heard about this blush for ages so naturally I was curious...I had previously bought Nars Orgasm blush a couple of years ago and despite it's cult status, I wasn't that impressed. I don't know if it was just my skin or whatever but it didn't really show up so the way I saw it, I was just applying shimmer to my cheeks - not what you want from a blush. But how is it possible that a blush from the same brand could be worlds apart from it's cult cousin? Enter Nars Deep Throat Blush, the perfect peach blush for me...When swatching this, I couldn't believe the difference in the texture! It's so different from how I remember Nars Orgasm. Deepthroat is really blendable, buttery smooth and has the perfect amount of oomph for my skintone. As soon as I apply it, my face looks healthier and brighter, I love products that have such an instant 'wow' effect. Although the blush contains shimmer, it's not overpowering and I didn't notice my cheeks being too shimmery. The subtle flecks just add a bit of radiance to your complexion which is perfect. I think I've found the perfect blusher for my wedding makeup! I would be interested to know what everyone thinks of it?I'm dedicating this section of the post to Camilla and Michelle who are also getting married this year! Yah!Since I had so many messages/comments asking me to do updates on stuff I have booked/bought for the wedding, I figured a quick update was in order. In case any of you guys missed my post about my wedding dress, then you can see pics of my wedding dress here. You can see how the dress moves on this You Tube runway show for the designer. My dress comes down the catwalk 5 mins and 20 secs into the vid. It has different coloured embellishment (mine is clear and pearl) but other than that it's the same. It's a gorgeous french taffeta/silk which means it's got a lovely sheen in the light. It's amazing, I was awe struck when I saw it. It's stunning and there's such beautiful detail on it. It's by an Italian designer and just has that flair that I wanted. I can't wait to wear it!!!

I have finally decided on a bouquet....how beautiful is this...I am absolutely in love with it and it will look amazing in the photos! It's exactly what I wanted so I'm really happy with it. I decided that the bridesmaids could wear corsages instead of lugging around posies all day. I think these ones are really pretty but I haven't decided on a final one yet...My mum has her eye on this cuff/corsage! I think it's really contemporary, it's simple and chic and suits her down to the ground...I have also just bought a hair comb to attach my veil to my hair (I'm planning on having my hair up for the ceremony then down for the evening). This comb is vintage style with pearls and crystals and I just thought it was so pretty and suited the dress perfectly. It's not too over the top but it will just be a nice detail. I won't be wearing any jewellery with the dress apart from my rings coz I wanted the dress to do all the talking! I hope you guys enjoyed having a peek into al this stuff. It's just the best time of my life right now and I feel so blessed and lucky. Let me know if you are planning a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment