Sunday, January 10, 2010

Estee Lauder Eyeliners and Shadowsticks

I was really chuffed to be sent these products by Estee Lauder to try. I had read alot about their Double Wear Eye Pencils and I know they have been awarded best buys in magazines quite a few times. I was also sent two Shadow Sticks and an eyeshadow blending brush.
Here's a closer look at the blending brush which is just brilliant for blurring any harsh lines and making your eyeshadow look seamless when you're blending shades together. The bristles are really soft and perfect for working into the crease... The two Shadow Sticks are in Silver Lilac and Golden Peach. The liners are in Onyx, Black Plum and Bronze...
I was immediately attracted to the Black Plum shade which is so unique and unlike anything else I have in my collection, it's such a gorgeous colour. Here are the swatches...
I just wanted to give you an idea of what the Black Plum Double Wear Liner looks like when applied, it has a metallic sheen to it that's just beautiful...
The eye pencils are so soft and smooth to apply, they are on par , if not better tha Urban Decay 24/7 liners. Now I know why people rave about these liners. The Onyx one is super dense black and the bronze one is gorgeous too (although I already have Urban Decay Bourbon and that's pretty much exactly the same). These liners are a pleasure to use, last all day with minimal or no smudging. Love them!
I wasn't as impressed with the Shadow Sticks, I loved the colours and the sheen they have to them but they were quite difficult to apply, they dragged my eyelid and not that much colour transferred to my lid in the process. Not very practical! It's easier to apply it to the inner corners or brow bone as you need a bone behind the skin to provide support (if that makes sense). When you press them against your eye lid, you can't press too hard as, well, it would bloody hurt! You don't want to be poking your eyes out! So I just couldn't get them to work for me, I even tried applying them to the back of my hand and applying it with my finger but nope, didn't work either.

No comments:

Post a Comment