Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bare Minerals Blush in Fruit Cocktail

I have been on the search for a good blusher for my wedding day and have heard good things about Bare Minerals. I already use their All Over Colour in Faux Tan and it's one of my staple products for everyday use. This blush, callled Fruit Cocktail looks scarily bright in the container (it's brighter in person)... However, when you swatch it, it's actually a really lovely luminous, soft pink blush that (as you would expect from Bare Minerals) is buttery smooth and really finely milled. You will see from the swatch below that's it's actually very subtle and wearable. Now if you aren't a fan of blushers with a bit of shimmer then this product isn't for you. The shimmer is very fine and I personally like it, it's not over the top or glittery (think Nars Albatross). There are days when I prefer soft matte blush BUT I really like the brightening effect this product has on my face.
It's described as having "complexion boosters that infuse colour into your skin so it looks like it’s coming from within" and adds "a silky coral pink glow to your complexion for a radiant finish". I have found that this shade of blusher brings life back into my face when it's looking a bit dull and it really brings out my blue eyes. I think this would suit most skin tones as it can be used very lightly for paler girls but you can build up the colour if you have darker skin. You only need a really small amount of the product to create a lovely natural flush on your cheeks like in the pic below...

So I am definitely going to put this in the 'maybe' category for my wedding day, the only thing that's holding me back is the fact that I'm going to be ordering MAC Dollymix blush this week as part of a haul and since I've heard people raving about it so much, I HAVE to give that a go too!

No comments:

Post a Comment