Saturday, January 23, 2010

Frederic Fekkai Full Volume

This shampoo and conditioner combo claim to "cleanse your hair whilst thickening it by enhancing every strand separately. It contains a special fortifying agent that adds noticeable body and volume to pump up fine, thin hair". I have found out from Lollipop26's blog that there is now a new formulation so I can only report on this older formulation that I have used (but can still be bought). I was really excited to use this shampoo and conditioner as I have fine hair that really needs a boost most days. I expected to get good results from these as there are alot of good online reviews.

However I really didn't like either the shampoo or the conditioner. They smell of lemon and I know they probably intended this to be a refreshing smell but it smells cheap for some reason, like it's too artificial or something. The shampoo lathers the way you would expect and you get the 'squeaky' clean feeling. No problems there. The conditioner is very light but and after using it I had real problems combing through my wet hair...it took twice as long as normal and I could hear my hair ripping. My hair didn't feel particularly 'conditioned', it felt stripped and tuggy.

When I dried my hair, I could see that the individual hairs had indeed expanded, but not in a good way. My hair felt quite frizzy and flyaway and it was obvious that although my hair had volume, it had lost all of it's good condition and silkiness. It didn't look healthy. This was a major disappointment considering the brand is expensive and quite high end.

So, my overall thoughts are that I was very disappointed in this combo. It hasn't put me off the whole brand as I've heard a few of their other products are very good. However, I will definitely do alot more research before getting any of them and I will have to keep an eye out for reviews on the new formulation to see if it's any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment