Friday, January 29, 2010

Good Times/Bad Times

GOOD TIMES

1) The wheels have been set in motion for my hen weekend in Edinburgh and luckily I have fantastic bridesmaids to help organise the whole thing. It’s taken such a weight off my shoulders coz I’ve got so many other things to sort out for the wedding. I’m currently running about 15 spreadsheets for various things…I’ve gone spreadsheet mad! I blame my fiancĂ©, Chris. He’s a chemical engineer and everything he does at work is input to spreadsheets so he kinda got me into that, adding formulas etc. I can’t believe it…he’s finally turned me into a geek!ha ha.
2) Korres Jasmine Lip Butter – This has been my best friend for a week now. I have been laying off my By Terry Rose De Balm as I don’t want to say goodbye to it just yet! I have had this Korres Lip Butter sitting in a drawer for a while so I decided to break it out and keep it in my drawer at work. I like to have one lip balm in my bag for when I’m on the go, one at work and one next to the bed at home. I know it’s over the top but I just hate having cracked or chapped lips! This lip butter contains Shea Butter and Rice Wax and it’s just divine. It totally melts onto your lips and it’s tinted with a nice natural sheeny colour so it gives you a look of being ‘polished’ even though you’re only wearing a lip balm. My lips feel so soft and smooth…love it!
3) I’m really trying to follow a good strict beauty regime ahead of the wedding (ok, I’ve got months to go but the longer I do it, the better results I will see I guess). So, I’ve been doing hair masks twice a week and face masks once a week. I’ve also been applying serum or essential oils to my face before moisturising to fade any blemish scars or uneven skintone, exfoliating my whole body once or twice a week and moisturising my whole body every night (essential since I’m wearing a strapless wedding dress). Chris has complained about the moisturising coz he doesn’t particularly like the ‘slimey’ effect it gives my skin but I said “tough!”…this is for the greater good!ha ha. He did say to me recently “wow, I never realised how much work girls have to put into their appearance until I moved in with you”. I would have liked to have kept up the pretence we had for the first couple of months of our relationship that I looked like this naturally, but I think the magic is somewhat ruined when your partner sees you with facemasks on, stinking of fan tan or on those days when you just can’t be bothered. I remember the first time he saw me without makeup on, I hated it, but he told me I looked lovely (I know I didn’t, but it meant a lot that he said it).
4) I’ve discovered two products this week that work really well together. Benefit Hello Flawless Powder in Shell – This is actually designed to be a powder foundation but it doesn’t have enough coverage for me so I have found a better use for it in my case. I have been applying it VERY lightly with a kabuki over the top of Korres Wild Rose Foundation, which can sometimes make my skin look a teensy bit too shiny by lunchtime. BUT when I apply the Hello Flawless powder in the morning over my foundation, it gives my skin a nice soft matte glow that lasts ages. My skin really looks so flawless when I use that combo without looking cakey or heavy. That’s what I was wearing in my last post about the Sleek Face Contour Kit. I wouldn’t apply this powder over a foundation like Revlon Colourstay as it would be too much but it’s great to set lighter foundations.
5) I was at the hairdresser last night and I felt like my hair was getting a bit dull so I asked her to lift the colour a bit. It’s got really nice creamy blonde shades in it now and I’m so happy with it. It’s amazing how the right hair colour can totally change your complexion and make it seem brighter. I woke up today and did my makeup and it all just looked so much better!
Bad Times

1) Woke up to heavy snow this morning that appeared from nowhere. Nuff said.

2) I haven’t been able to go to the gym lately since I’ve had a head cold that just won’t shift. I wasn’t totally watching what I was eating since I kept thinking about the old saying “feed a cold”. That person obviously didn’t have a wedding in 6 months time! I feel like I’ve taken a few steps backwards with my weightloss and I hate that feeling. I really need to kick start my healthy eating and exercise regime tonight (yes, gym on a Friday night…I mean business!). I just want to get that ‘feel good’ thing again and I should be back on track in about 2 weeks but I just want it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment