Saturday, January 30, 2010

YSL Fard A Levres Rouge Pur

I'm still on the search for the perfect lip colour for my wedding day and with a name like 'Romantic Pink', I thought this YSL Fard A Levres Rouge Pur was definitely worth a look. It's described as a pale neutral pink but I would say it's a medium neutral pink. I'm still not a big fan of the 'plasticky' packaging but then again, anything short of the Rouge Volupte packaging is a disappointment. Although I love to wear pale pink, peaches and nudes everyday, they don't translate well in photographs. I find that shades that suit me in 'real life', kind of drain the colour from my face when a camera and flash is involved. So I have been searching for a slightly darker shade of pink from what I would usually wear. This shade really does remind me of a romantic, hazy, blush pink that is so pretty...
It has the usual smooth, silky formula, it's reasonably long lasting and feels moisturising. I've seen reviews of these lipsticks where people say they hate the fragrance but I really don't notice that. I don't find the smell overpowering at all. My YSL lipsticks are definitely my favourite and most used in my collection.
This is also the first pic with my lighter hair colour. Feels so much better now I've had it freshened up!
The other thing I wanted to get opinions on is whether they know of any lipstick sealant that doen's stink like Lipcote but has the same fixing effect. I need something to keep my lipstick in place all the way through the wedding day without having to re-apply it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment