Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More Wedding Stuff and My Weightloss Challenge

I have decided on my colour scheme for the venue now...it will be ivory dressed tables/chair covers with pale apple green organza runners on the tables and matching ties for the chair covers. The centrepieces will alternate between tall lily vases.... And 3 varying sizes on each table of martini style glass vases with floating tea lights in them, the tallest will have ivy trailing down it....
I also want to get these gorgeous hourglass candle holders because I love the fact that you can enclose a fresh flower in the bottom section...how beautiful...I have decided on a cake as well. I will be getting a cake from M & S Wedding Cakes for £199 (well I think it will be just as nice as a £600 one from a cake maker!). My florist has agreed to add this design to it, which I love because of the tumbling thistles...
I love all the organisational side of things, planning flowers and pretty things. It's slowly coming together and I want to enjoy every second leading up to it as well as the big day itself. The best thing about the whole wedding is that I am getting the best husband and mother & father in law I ever could have wished for. They truly are wonderful people so I am very lucky that I will be a part of their family.
On my weightloss journey, I have shed 2 stone 3lbs so far (that's 31lbs) and I still want to lose another stone before the big day in August. I figured if I lose 1lb per week then I can comfortably achieve my goal (allowing for off days in the coming months). I also don't want to set my wedding day as my overall goal as I have made a change in my lifestyle and I want to uphold that. I haven't been on any crazy diets or pills or anything. My weight loss has purely been from eating smaller portions (a side plate full of dinner instead of a big plate) and going to the gym 5 times a week (doing cardiovascular and light weights). I haven't been able to go to the gym for the past 3 days as I've been struck down with another cold but hopefully by the weekend I will be well enough to start going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment