Sunday, January 31, 2010

Boots (Drugstore) Haul

I popped int Boots today to pick up a few things (I even made a list for once and managed to stick to it!). I wanted to pick up a good foundation brush coz I'm feeling experimental and since I've never applied my foundation with anything else but my fingers, I wanted to see what the difference would be. I checked out the Ruby & Millie brushes and they looked good so decided to pick up a couple... The foundation brush was about £11 and the brow/lash one was about £7.50. I have noticed recently that when my mascaras get a little bit older (couple of months), they start to clump a bit more, I guess because the formula starts to dry up. Since I'm only half way through some of them, I don't see the need to go out and buy replacements, so I got the Ruby & Millie brush that has a metal comb on one end for separating lashes after mascara application and a brush to groom your brows. I reckon they are both suitable to use on your lashes though. The double ended brush ends flip down to create a compact case for travel which is handy.
I decided to get a back up of Revlon Colourstay Foundation in True Beige...I seem to have yo-yoed between Natural Beige and True Beige. Although I realised this week that Natural Beige is just slightly too light for me. It's hard to keep up with your perfect foundation shade when you use fake tan or gradual tan moisturisers! It's a daily challenge to try and get the match right! I also picked up another Loreal Double Extension Mascara/Serum because I still really like the formula and effect it gives. I think it's a fantastic mascara for the price!
I have known about Bio Oil for years and have heard alot of people raving about it for fading stretch marks, scars etc but I've also heard that it's great for Eczema, Uneven Skintone and Psoriasis. It contains Vitamin A, E, Calendula Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil, Chamomile Oil and Purcellin Oil. It can applied to the face or body before or instead of your moisturiser if your skin is particularly dehydrated. I sometimes get small patches of Psoriasis on the back of my neck, at the end of my nose/sides of my nostrils and also sometimes just under one eye. It's not that noticeable to be honest but it annoys me. The cold weather makes it worse so I decided to check out Bio Oil and see how I get on. I also think it will be a good moisturiser to prepare my skin and improve it's condition for my wedding day. It was £19.50 for a 200ml bottle so not cheap but if it turns out to be the answer to my problems then I have no problem spending that amount on it.
As I had finished yet another tub of my beloved Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment, I wanted to pick up another one. I sauntered down the aisle and they were out of stock! How annoying. I decided to try one of the other hair masks the line had to offer and picked up one called 'Bling Hair Rehab'. It's basically a super hydrating mask containing hydrolised silk that's particularly good for coloured or hair that's seen alot of heated appliances. Since I just had my hair coloured, I thought this would be a good time to test this out. I will let you guys know if it's as good as the Hair Growth Treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment