Thursday, November 12, 2009

Too Faced Palettes

Ever since seeing these palettes on Tali's blog (a.k.a The Gloss Goss), I have wanted to try them out. I LOVE the packaging with all the glittery bits on it, its so pretty! This kind of thing is totally up my street. First up, is the French & Fabulous Palette... The palette has 6 eyeshadows in it and two bronzers so it would be extremely handy for travelling and has a mirror for touch-ups. All the shadows are very wearable (you would be surprised how wearable the hot pink shade is when you pair it with one of the neutral ones). I adore the animal print look to the top bronzer, it's a unique twist on a powder...
Here's a closer look at the products inside...

I am in love with Totally Toasted Beige and Totally Toasted Brown as a subtle neutral combination for daytime. This can also be vamped up with the Ooh & Aah Black if you wanted to take the look into nightime. I thought the glitter particles in the black shade would create alot of fallout but as you will see from the swatch below the glitter doesn't show up as much as I thought it would which suits me fine as that can get messy...
I have just done the swatches in the order of the pans in the palette. The only shade I was disappointed with was the Poodle Puff Pink which wasn't as pigmented as I would like but the other eyeshadows more than make up for that! Poodle Puff Raisin is unlike any other eyeshadow I own, it's a purple toned brown but it's so easy to wear, it really surprised me that a shade like that could suit me but it does.
Here are the swatches of the bronzers...
These bronzers are fantastic quality for a palette, generally you find that when creating this type of palette, alot of brnads tend to overlook blushers or bronzers. They usually look and feel cheap but these bronzers are finely milled, smooth and buttery and very impressive. The animal print one (shown on the bottom) would actually be amazing as an eyeshadow as well. It's alot more shimmery than the top one and I would probably use this more as a highlighter than an all over face colour. The darker shade is perfect on my skin and creates a really natural golden glow without making you look orange or streaky. It isn't shimmery so it's more suitable for daytime use without looking too over the top.
Next up is the Glamour To Go III palette which is teensy weensy and so cute, this would easily fot in your pocket because it's so compact...
This palette would be great for those times when you want to take a few products on a night out to touch up your makeup but you only have a tiny bag. This palette has a top compartment with 8 gorgeous mini eyeshadow pans...
But it also has a bottom slide-out drawer with a blush and 4 lipglosses...

Once again the eyeshadows are just lovely (there are a couple of shades that look very similar if not the same as the last palette). I was alot more impressed with the pink shade in this palette as the pigmentation has alot better. The green shade on the top left is actually very flattering. I am also loving the taupe shade on the top right, this would be amazing paired with the pink! The camera really didn't do these colours justice...
Here's what the glosses look like as swatches (I will try and incorporate these into a FOTD so you can see what they look like on the lips)...
There's a pink toned lipgloss, a beige one with a metallic like finish, a red toned one and a sheer peachy natural one. Pretty much everything you need really.
LOVING the blush in this palette...such a gorgeous peach colour with a really luminous glowy effect. It just gives a natural flush to the cheeks without making you look shiny or shimmery. I always prefer satin or matte finish blushers for the daytime as they more suitable if you want to fake glowy cheeks!

I am really impressed with palettes, from the design of them to the quality of the products inside them. I love how practical and compact they are. I will be playing with loads of colour combinations this week and hope to post something else on them to show what looks I have come up with. Have any of you guys tried these yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment