Monday, November 9, 2009

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment

Project healthy hair is still going strong and I've added another product to my haircare arsenal to try and encourage growth and generally improve the condition and look of my hair. There's a big buzz around at the moment over hair growth products (I've heard that Boots do one and I'm guessing that's the mysterious product that Lollipop26 is trying at the moment although she hasn't divulged that information as yet). I had heard some good things about the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment pictured above so I decided to pick some up a few weeks ago as I was browsing around Boots (I NEVER just browse in Boots, I always buy something!). I got a 200ml tub for £6.84.

This is what the product looks like inside...

It is described as a "gorgeous, thick intensive treatment with Pro-Growth™ complex gives your hair strength from within by fertilising your follicles, creating a healthy environment on your scalp to help hair grow faster and reach its maximum potential length. Its soothing formulation reduces irritation and moisturises the scalp, helping to keep it healthy and improving the volume and feel of your hair".This treatment is designed to be used between shampoo and conditioner, however, since my hair is so fine and flyaway, I didn't want to weight it down by using the treatment and then conditioner on top. So I have just been using it like an intensive conditioner, brushing it through, massaging my scalp and leaving it on for 5 minutes every time I wash my hair (which is pretty much every day). It smells lovely too! It instructs you to scoop out an amount the size of an egg but I found that half of that amount was enough to cover my long fine hair. I have been doing this for the past 5 weeks and this is what my hair looks like now after just blowdrying it straight (I didn't use straighteners or any kind of serum)...

I am SO SO happy with the condition of my hair after using this product on a regular basis, it's shiny, bouncy and feels lovely and soft (without being so soft that it goes all fuzzy). This has worked wonders on my fine hair, I'm not sure how it would work on thicker or coarse hair but if you have fine hair then I would definitely give it a go. I was pretty cynical about whether it would make my hair grow but it has definitely made a difference. It's been just over 5 weeks since I had my hair trimmed and it's grown alot faster than it normally would. Generally when I leave more than 6 weeks between trims, my hair starts to get split ends and generally just looks a bit untidy, plus it never sits right. However, since using this treatment, my hair feels as nice as it does just after I've had my hair cut. I don't have as many split ends and my colour hasn't gone dull like it usually does (I get highlights every 6 weeks). I think you really do have to use this each time you wash to see the optimum results but once you're happy with the length/condition of your hair, you can just switch to using it once a week.
So, now I've found a product that helps my hair grow...I want one to make me have thicker hair!ha ha. I'm never happy! I think I will have to buy clip in extensions to achieve that and I reckon I will get some at the end of the month so stay tuned for updates on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment