Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bobbi Brown

Since I love the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliners so much and have tried the Graphite Shimmer and Bronze Shimmer, I was excited to try this shade which is called Violet Ink, a gorgeous aubergine purple shade with subtle shimmer through it. You all know I love my flicked out liner but I like to have a bit of variation in the colour since I tend to apply it everyday. I have never used a purple liner before but I am already formulating looks to include this product. As you would expect, this gel liner has fantastic pigmentation, it's long lasting, easy to apply and generally brilliant to use, I like to apply it with my small smudge brush from ELF - not the obvious choice but it actually works a treat to create any look you want, a thin subtle line or a dramatic thick sixties look. The other thing I love about these is that they last for ages! Let's take a closer look at this gorgeous colour...
I can see myself collecting every gel liner Bobbi Brown has to offer because I just find them so easy to use. They never go thick or gloopy over time and they retain their perfect consistency, which is really what every gel liner should be like. I love these and I definitely prefer them to MAC Fluidlines.

I have wanted to try the Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish Foundation for a long long time and I finally tried it out in the shade Warm Beige. It's alot thinner in consistency than I expected, I thought it would be more like Revlon Colourstay. However, the thinner formula does come with the advantage of feeling alot lighter on the skin.
Although alot of people have complained that they don't like foundation bottles with no pump applicator, it's really not something that bothers me since I use my fingers and not a brush. Although the foundation doesn't offer as much coverage as Revlon Colourstay, it's most definitely a lighter alternative for daytime and also when my skin is behaving itself and I have less blemishes to cover. It actually smells quite nice, it's hard to explain but it smells fresh. To give you a better idea of the consistency, here's a closer look at the foundation itself...
I decided to do a FOTD to demonstrate what the finish is like, which I would describe as natural, slightly matte with a light to medium coverage. It's not a foundation that I would wear for a night out as I definitely need for coverage for that but it's ideal for daytime use when you just want a 'second skin' effect. I think that you need a good powder to set the foundation to ensure that it stays in place and I used Korres Wild Rose powder in this case. Here's the look I went for today using the Bobbi Brown foundation and Indigo gel liner...
I just used a very subtle light purple eyeshadow to offset the liner and it turned out to be a really natural polished look that is very wearable and I love how the purple shade of the eyeliner gives the whole thing a softer edge.
As you can see from the pics, the foundation gave a really nice finish and it was pretty much undetectable when you look up close. There's no chalky finish or a sense that it's clogging up your skin, it's just very light to wear. So, you can actually fool people into believing you have perfect skin! I really do believe that you need different foundations for various reasons, be it that you want a dependable daytime one, a dewy one, a matte one or one that will last on a big night out. This foundation falls into the day wear category for me and I am really happy with the effect it gives.
Have you tried either of these products?If so, what did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment