Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MAC Spree

As a bonafide bronzer addict, I have wanted to try MAC Bronzing Powder for a while now even though there have been mixed opinions on them. But the thought that always niggles me about these things is that I know that some products I like, some people may not like so I like to give things a try. I got MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden and Bare Necessity Dazzleglass and Black Liquidlast Liner just happened to drop into my shopping cart accidentally (on purpose). You know how these things happen, you only mean to get one thing then you spot something else and think, well, it would be rude not to get them as well.
Above are swatches of the Dazzleglass and Bronzer. I didn't see much point in swatching the Liquidlast Liner since it's just black. As you can see the Dazzleglass is gorgeous! It's described on the website as a 'caramel apricot with red and gold pearl'. It will be stunning over my new Estee Lauder Vanilla Truffle Lipstick! The only thing that puts me off Dazzleglasses is the goo that sometimes forms where your lips meet...gross. As long as I don't put too much on I can control that.
The bronzing powder has a pearl finish and I kinda wish I had gone for the matte one now as I don't like shimmery bronzers for daytime. Sparkly does not equal natural! I prefer the soft matte look to try and fool people into thinking I have perfect skin. However, I think I could easily get away with this one at nightime. It's not the easiest powder to blend and it requires a bit more buffing than I'm used to but I do like the colour. All in all, I wasn't blown away by it, but it's quite nice for a glamourous nightime look.

No comments:

Post a Comment