Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Festive Season Skincare

When winter arrives I always change up my skincare so that my skin is getting enough moisture. One of the easiest ways you can do that is to use a shower oil because it's gentale and won't strip your skin of it's natural oils and it means that because it leaves a veil of moisture on your body, there's no need to apply body cream after your shower. My new favourite product for this is No.7 Luxurious Foaming Shower Oil (£8.75 for 250ml) which is a great dupe for L'Occitane Almond Shower Gel which is priced at £15.00 for 250ml. It contains Argan Oil, Grapeseed Oil and omega 6 and 9. It foams up really well and you only need a small amount on a shower puff to cover your whole body. I use it every day and my skin is now silky soft, it would be great for anyone who has dry or sensitive skin.
Next up is my favourite gentle exfoliator of late, The Sanctuary Body Scrub. I like to exfoliate regularly all year round and this product is gentle enough to be used every second or third day in the shower. When you are a fake tan lover, exfoliation is a MUST as you all know. It's not scratchy at all and you don't end up with angry looking skin. The scrub contains Patchouli, Orange Oil and natural Pumice and smells delicious! I find it really refreshing to use and my skin feels amazing after using it. I found that although it's not an intense exfoliator, it really smoothes out your skin beautifully.
I also like to use a good clarifying face mask when winter swoops in as I often find my skin goes a bit crazy, I dunno if it overcompensates to avoid getting dry but at the start of winter, I always get a little breakout of spots! Very annoying! Luckily, I have a few products to prevent it from happening most of the time. One of them is The Sanctuary Warming Charcoal Detox Mask which is a self-heating thermal mask designed to refine skin texture and prevent any blemishes from appearing. It contains Kaolin clay and the essential oil of myrrh so your skin is left feeling really clean, fresh and incredible soft. I often find this mask is a life saver when I have overdone it the night before and need a 'pick me up'! Used on a regular basis (once a week), it really helps to keep your skin clear.
Another product I have been loving lately is Lisa Hoffman Night & Day Vitamin A & C Serum. This serum is packed full of ingredients that will keep your skin super moisturised and radiant. I always apply it at night before my moisturiser. I never apply it in the morning as it has a slightly oily consistency and so is best suited as a night treatment. My makeup would NEVER stay in place if I tried to apply it over this product. The serum is designed to retexturise and improve skin clarity and has alot of anti-ageing properties. I always find my skin looks really luminous the next day after applying it. It gets rid of any dry patches and keeps my skin in tip top condition no matter how cold the weather gets. This product feels so luxurious and you really feel like your doing something good for your skin every time you apply it. The website also says that it "improves the production of collagen and reduces skin damage caused by free radicals".

What is your skincare routine for winter? What products do you swear by to combat the cold harsh weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment