Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NFL Player Leonard Pope Saves Child From Drowning


The National Football League is still currently in lock-out mode but at least something good has come from the delay.

Kansas City tight-end Leonard Pope helped save a six-year old's life at a pool party after saving him from possibly drowning.

We get more from Americus Times Recorder:

Bryson and his mother Anne will forever be thankful for Leonard Pope.

Bryson, 6, was attending a cousin’s birthday party when he went under in a pool around 7 p.m. Saturday at Troy Hill Apartments located on East Glessner Street.

But before Bryson’s mother could try to save him, Pope dove in and rescued him from drowning.

“I was looking at him because he couldn’t swim,” said Anne Moore. “I noticed, first, he was standing up, and then he went under and never came back up. I started screaming. Leonard was inside, and he came out of nowhere and dove into the water without any hesitation, cell phone in his pocket and all. He saved my son’s life, and I am so thankful that he was there for me and my child.”
Sometimes the higher powers put us in the right place at the right time and for Leonard Pope, the NFL Lockout of 2011 will be remembered in his mind as the time he saved a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment