Friday, July 1, 2011

MotoGP Mugello: Dovizioso calls for electronics to be halved

30/06/2011
Dovizioso would like electronics to be cut by 50 per cent

By MotoGP desk
Image by Repsol Media

Repsol Honda’s Andrea Dovizioso would like to see a 50 per cent reduction in electronics on MotoGP bikes in order to bring racing closer together and to make on-track battles more fun.

Speaking ahead of this weekend’s Mugello round, the Italian wants to see more action from the back of the pack to the front and, although he is certain it will never happen, to make the most exciting riders the focus of media attention.

“I would like to change is the electronics system. It’s something very important for the safety, something very important for the street bike, so this is really good. But to have fun riding the bike on the track and to have a battle on the race track, you need to cut the electronic system,” said Dovizioso.

“Not everything, but more than 50%, because the bike without the electronics system is uncontrollable and when you need to control a difficult bike you’re sliding a lot, you’re making more mistakes than now, so everybody is closer; it depends, but they can be closer and you’re spinning more. Everything is nicer, so this I would like to see happen, but I’m 99% sure it will not happen, but for a good reason.

“And what I don’t like about the MotoGP world, but not just MotoGP, I think it’s the world, is the TV and the media put more attention on funny riders, not on the faster rider. This I don’t like. I don’t like it because I’m one of them. I’m normal, and this the media doesn’t like. This is funny, because I can’t change my character because the media wants this.

“This is really bad, but it’s bad for the result for how many risks you take on the track. You’re fighting, fighting, fighting, you are one of the best riders in the world, but if you are not funny, not many people are speaking about you. This I don’t like, but this is not just MotoGP. This is the world and this is very bad for the sport.”

Bike Sport News RSS Feed

Stephane Roncada Gerard Rond Jean Sebastien Roy Alex Salvini Donny Schmit

No comments:

Post a Comment