Monday, June 13, 2011

Searle and Anstie perform in Portugal ? GP of Portugal

The British rider was in outstanding form on the day before his 22nd birthday to run out a clearcut winner of the second moto at the rugged track in the hills 20 miles from the Atlantic coastline after he had suffered wretched luck in the opening race as he was forced to retire with green net fencing entangled in his rear wheel. At the time of the incident Tommy, renowned for his strength in the later stages of each race, was just about to overtake teammate Max Anstie for third place and set off after the leaders with every prospect of victory. Regrouping for race two Tommy gated third and, after allowing the well-watered track to dry out and become less slippery, charged through for a 16 second victory. He retains third in the championship series.

Max Anstie continued to impress during his debut GP season, narrowly missing the podium after two sturdy rides. Finally getting his starting technique sorted out again, the 18 year old held an early second in the opening moto before backmarkers hindered his progress and allowed two rivals to slip past on this, his first-ever visit to the Portuguese track. Not starting quite so well in race two, Max had to battle forward from an initial 10th to cross the finishing line 7th and the two scorelines have lifted him a place to 6th in the championship standings.

Kawasaki enjoyed yet more success with the KX250F model when Dylan Ferrandis of Kawasaki Bud Racing dominated both motos of the European MX2 championship round which was also on the programme at Agueda over the weekend. The French teenager has now won the last three races in the series to move up to fifth place in the standings despite missing the opening round in April due to injury.

Tommy Searle: ?It was a day of mixed fortune today. I felt that in the second moto I rode my best race of the year; that was great. But I’m really disappointed about the first race; I made one small mistake but it cost me so much ! I usually try to stay away from the edge of the track as much as I can, but my back wheel slipped as I went for a pass and I got some green fence in my wheel. It?s frustrating as it probably cost me 25 points. The track was good; they put some water down for the second moto but I was happy with my riding. I felt so good in that race, and was really having fun on the bike.?

Max Anstie: “It?s my first time in Agueda and I really liked the track. In the first race I had a very good start, was pushing forward and was having a good race with some guys, but I lost my rhythm at midrace when I got caught up with some backmarkers, but I still finished fourth. The second race I made a really good jump at the gate but I wheelied and lost some valuable positions. The track was very wet on the first lap and I lost a lot of ground to the guys in front; once the track dried a little, I had a strong ride to come back seventh. The top guys are really close and there?s not so much difference between finishing in third or eighth position, the top riders are really close; it?s all about the start, and I?m looking forward getting out of the gate well again in Spain next week.?

Dylan Ferrandis: ?I knew that I could win in the European series and I did it; I?m so happy to win the two races here. On Saturday the track was rough, but for the second race on Sunday it was perfect and I had a lot of fun. It?s great to be back at the top as I lost one month of racing at the start of the year with my broken wrist; I wasn?t ready for the opening race in Valkenswaard, and had a DNF in France but now I got three wins in a row. My goal now is just to win every race. I am still quite a few points from the points leaders and am not thinking about the title but, if I keep winning, perhaps it is still possible after all.”

MxLarge

Mike Alessi Thomas Allier Hוkan Andersson Victor Arbekov Les Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment