Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Holiday Action Plan!

Just about every woman steps up her exercise and beauty regime when summer trots into town and I am no exception.  I believe in balance so I like to live healthily all year round but I do put in that extra bit of effort at this time of year.  I probably start thinking about cutting down on all those bits of chocolate and starchy foods around about February time.  Although I'm on a weight loss journey, I certainly step it up another notch before summer.  AND this summer I have the added pressure of a certain cut-away swimsuit!  Eek!

On holiday I always want to look like the best version of myself.  The 'Holiday Laura' I have in my head is all glowy, tanned skin, shiny hair and half a stone lighter!  So my action plan commenced this week and here are the main points:

6 Weeks To Go...

 GYM / HEALTHY DIET / ANTI-CELLULITE CREAM


I am continuing to go to the gym 5-6 times a week as I normally do and I am currently following a balanced and healthy diet.  But if you're not a gym bunny, my personal trainer at the gym reckons you can make considerable improvements to the appearance of your body in just 6 weeks.  And the good news is that you don't have to be in the gym every day for 2 hours.  Concentrating on five 30 min sessions of hard cardio a week on the step machine, cross-trainer or rowing machine will seriously tone your muscles.  Add in a 15-20 min session of resistance training and weights and you're laughing.  One of the best and most time-efficient machines is the Power Plate because it stimulates your muscles to contract and relax more frequently, allowing you to cut your time commitment in half. A 25-minute session three times a week and a sensible, healthy diet can yield results after just three weeks!  You could easily drop a dress size.  I think I burnt off a bit dancing around my living room the other day to that LMFAO song 'Party Rock'...try it, just make sure no one sees you shufflin.


I am also currently using Bliss FatGirlSlim which is a cellulite busting cream.  It is designed to stimulate the skin surface to firm and contour with caffeine and apparently visibly reduces the appearance of excess fluid retention in skin layers.  Now I don't suffer from bad cellulite but I still have uneven area on the tops of my thighs and bum.  I will report back on the effects of this cream in 6 weeks time!  And remember, don't feel bad if you have cellulite...even supermodels get it!


4 Weeks To Go...

SUPPLEMENTS

I know it's boring but I like to take the following natural supplements in the summer months.
SPF Skin Pro-Factors by Viridian is specially formulated to aid in the maintenance of healthy skin, especially during the summer months.
True Food Vitamin B Complex by Higher Nature. B Vitamins are involved in almost every metabolic process in the body, and play an important role in the release of energy from food, the normal functioning of the immune and nervous systems and the regulation of hormonal activity so it's particularly good for gym-goers.
Pure Synergy Greens by The Synergy Company contains 60 of nature’s most life-giving and nutrient-rich organic whole foods and botanical concentrates and helps to restore and regenerate your overall health.  It also helps to reduce bloating which is VERY handy in summer when you're likely to be wearing  less clothes!

3 Weeks To Go...

SHOWER OIL / MIX OIL IN WITH MOISTURISER


I only use shower oil in the weeks leading up to a holiday because it ensures your skin is fully hydrated and prepared to be on show.  It adds that extra bit of moisturisation and is great for people with dry skin.  I love L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil...it's just plain gorgeous and such a treat to use.  I have already started mixing a few pumps of body oil, L'Occitane Almond Tonic Body Oil,  in with my current body cream (Garnier Intensive 7 Days Ultra Softening Body Lotion).  This becomes even more important in the weeks leading up to a summer holiday because skin can dry out in the heat of the sun.  You want to make sure your skin is in the best possible condition and maintain that while you're on your holiday.
2 Weeks To Go...

FACE MASKS / EXFOLIATION 

The best beach bodies are always scrubbed, soft and moisturised so it's important to get into the habit of exfoliating your whole body in the weeks leading up to your holiday to refine the texture and prevent blemishes (gross, I know but it happens to everyone!).  I like to use exfoliating gloves because they are so cost effective but it's nice to use an oil-based scrub to give your skin a treat.  I like Origins Incredible Spreadable Ginger Scrub...it's leaves your skin so soft and smells amazing!
I also like to use a super hydrating face mask every 3 days to boost the radiance of my skin.  My favourite is Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask.

10 Days To Go...

BODY BRUSH / HAIR / FOOT & NAIL CARE / 2 WEEK PEDICURE

I like to start body brushing just over a week before I leave because it has the following benefits:

Stimulates blood flow to increase nutrient delivery to cells
Improves lymph flow to carry toxins and waste products out of the body
 Removes dry, dead skin cells 
Encourages cells to regenerate 
Results in smooth glowing skin 
Stimulates production of sebum (oil), to nourish dry skin
Helps combat cellulite and fatty deposits

So it's well worth taking the time to do if you want to look and feel great!  It is important to make sure you are doing it correctly though.  You should start at your feet and always work towards the heart as this is where the fluid along with all the toxins, is finally pushed back into the circulatory system.

I like to get my hair highlighted at this point so it has time to recover before it's exposed to the blazing sun.  You can fit in a few intensive conditioning treatment before you go away to make sure your hair look and feels healthy.  This is also the time I like to start concentrating on getting my feet in good condition by using a foot file every 3-4 days, foot scrubs and cuticle oil for my toenails.  I also concentrate on intensively moisturising my hands and nails because they seem to dry out quickly in the sun otherwise.

It's probably best to get a 2 week pedicure to make sure you don't have to worry about painting your toe nails on holiday.  It takes about 30 mins and remember to choose a colour that will go with everything you want to wear! 

7 Days To Go...

PROTECTIVE SHAMPOO / INTENSIVE CONDITIONER / HEAT PROTECTANT

I always use a protective shampoo and strengthening intensive conditioner in the week before I go away to make sure my hair has a chance to build up resistance to the sun's rays.  I really like the Kerastase Soleil range and also the Paul Mitchell Strengthening Treatment.
It's always important to use a heat protectant spray when you are styling your hair but it's especially important to use it before you go away.  It will reduce the damage to your hair whilst in the sun and some of these products contain UV ray protectants so you can use it while you're on holiday too.

5 Days To Go...

FAKE TAN / DAILY EXFOLIATION

I like to fake tan my whole body around 5 days before I go away an then the night before I fly, just to build up the colour gradually.  For me, being tanned is ESSENTIAL when baring all because it makes you look slimmer, hides cellulite and makes me look healthier.
I also like to exfoliate my whole body every day with a gentle body scrub like The Sanctuary Body Scrub with natural pumice and orange oil.  It's gentle enough to use every day without irritating your skin an will ensure an even and flawless tan!

3 Days To Go...

EYELASH TINT AND PERM/ MANICURE

Since it's no fun wearing mascara on holiday, I like to get an eyelash tint and perm to make the most of my lashes without having to coat them in the black stuff.  It also means make up removal  is a lot easier when you don't have to rub off waterproof mascara!  It's a good idea to get a manicure before you go to make the most of your nails.  You can get it done at a salon or just do it yourself is you are on a budget.  I always do my own nails.

When I Arrive...

I like to take a digestive enzyme supplement which prevents bloating and that yucky feeling you can get from eatin out all the time on holiday.  Believe me, it helps when you want to hit the beach and bare your body in a swimsuit!  I like Probio Enzyme by Holland & Barrett.

So that's my plan and I'm stickin to it! Do you have any action lists for your holiday? Please tell me I'm not the only geek who does this!ha ha

Oh and I just wanted to announce that rosie2460 is the winner for my Nails Inc giveaway.  Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment