Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Knockhill BSB: Farmer takes another Superstock 600 win

21/06/2011
Farmer in action at Knockhill at the weekend

By Louise Stewart
Image by Dave Couldwell

Tyrone rider, Keith Farmer, took his fourth back to back race win at the fifth round of the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship at Knockhill in Scotland.

The former Supermoto Champion qualified well in difficult wet conditions at the 1.27 mile Scottish venue. He put his Farmer Racing Yamaha on the front row of the grid in third place.

When the lights went out he got away well taking the lead from Glen Irwin at turn two. From that point on he never looked back, pulling out a 6secs lead at the mid-point of the race. His team kept the pit signals coming so he knew the gap to the chasing pack and Farmer controlled the race right until the chequered flag.

Farmer now has a healthy lead in the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship with 100 points under his belt, 48 points clear of his nearest rival.

Farmer said: ?I?m over the moon to take a win in the dry conditions as a lot of folk had me down as a wet weather rider. My team did a great job with the pit board and I just had to stay calm and ride to what they were telling me. I?ve had a lot of support and I?d like to thank Paul Bird Motorsport, Rapid Engineering, DG&W Racing, GMC Graphics, X-ell Flooring, K-Tech and Nutt Travel. I also need to thank Dave my brother; he has been a real asset to the team. They have all helped us out where they can and we really appreciate it.?

Bike Sport News RSS Feed

Gary Semics Andrew Short Shaun Simpson Joel Smets Jeff Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment