Thursday, June 23, 2011

Honda?s Windham to Denver Motocross

Click the images below for bigger versions:

2011 AMA Motocross

Just like a superstar rock band at a sold-out show, GEICO Honda Motocross rider Kevin Windham is coming back for an encore.

Windham, who last week announced he was finished riding for the season, will be aboard an American Honda Racing CRF450R at Saturday’s Thunder Valley National thanks in large part to the cheers from the crowds.

Kevin Windham (GEICO Honda CRF450R Motocross) says: “The fans have played a big role in my decision. The crowd support at each race has been kind of overwhelming. I can hear them cheering me on all around the track and so many people come by the transporter to see me and talk with me that I’m just amazed.”

Windham said he’s also been on a roll in recent weeks, which has been another motivating factor to keep it going.

Kevin Windham says: “I’m really enjoying the racing and everything else at the track. I feel like I have good momentum going into Colorado after finishing just shy of the podium last weekend at Budds Creek.”

If things keep going well, Windham might make more than one curtain call this summer.

Kevin Windham says: “I’ve had a great time riding Motocross this season. It’s been so much fun that I’m going to race at least a few more rounds.”

Motocross practice at Thunder Valley gets under way at 8:30 a.m. MDT on Saturday. Opening ceremonies get under way at 12:40 p.m. with the first racing starting at 1 p.m. The first motos will be carried live on FUEL TV starting at 3 p.m. EDT with the second motos picked up by SPEED. The 450 class will be shown at 11:30 p.m. EDT and the 250s shown Sunday at 2 p.m.

Ryan Hughes Georges Jobe Gunnar Johansson Peter Johansson Rick Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment