Tuesday, April 27, 2010
I just read now that Ebay have created a new section to their website called 'Fashion Outlet' that is available now. They have teamed up with high street stores like Office, Kookai, Dune, House of Fraser, Schuh and Ted Baker to offer their latest trends at discounted prices! They have also released a statetment that they have other brands that are interested in joing this Fashion Outlet so the brands list will keep growing! The high street brands will be sold via the Ebay site at up to 70% off.
Since I adore Dune shoes, I will definitely be taking a look at this site for future purchases!
Another update is that my Slim Fast plan is going AMAZINGLY well. I have been on it for just over 2 weeks now. I lost 2 and a half lbs after the first week and when I weighed myself yesterday, I had lost another 2lbs in the second week! I couldn't believe it at first and had to stand on the scales 4 times JUST to make sure! It feels like the weight is just dropping off me and I am so happy. Basically all I'm doing is the following:
- Slim Fast shake for breakfast
- Low Fat Snack (something that's about 100 cals)
- Slim Fast shake for lunch
- Low Fat Snack
- A proper meal for dinner (about 600 cals)
- Low Fat Dessert
Now onto Nars...ok, it's official, I definitely prefer Nars Sheer Glow to Nars Sheer Matte foundation. These two foundations are worlds apart in everything from coverage to consistency to finish (that's me stating the obvious). The reasons that I like Nars Sheer Glow are as follows:
- I found my perfect shade match in Punjab
- It feels lightweight on your skin so it's perfect for summer days
- It gives my skin a wonderful glow and freshness
- It doesn't streak and is easy to blend (I have heard that it streaks on other people though)
Monday, April 26, 2010
I love the look of the lipgloss! Pale pinks are so me and I can't wait to get my hands on this version which has fine pink and golden shimmers...gorgeous!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
1) I know it's stupid and it probably LOOKS even more stupid but sometimes when I use self tan and I know that the only bits on show will be my legs, my arms and my top half, I only apply self tan to those areas. I guess it's really a mixture between being a bit lazy and wanting to use less product so the product lasts longer. I'm sure Chris despairs sometimes but he's the only person who gets to see me naked so I figure, he knows me well enough not to mind!ha ha. Oh dear, I think we're now a little TOO comfortable around eachother to care about these things. Who said romance was dead???hee hee.
2) I know that the trend for nails is short and squared off but I just hate my nails when they are short. I have verylong thin fingers but when my nails are short, my fingers look so much more stubby and I can't stand that. I know alot of people think that long nails look cheap or tacky but I really don't think mine look bad. I do always square them off and I don't let them grow more than a couple of centemetres. I just think my fingernails look so much prettier when they are longer. End of. Also, even though alot of people think that french manicures are strictly for footballer's wives and glamour models, I actually love the look. It always looks clean and fresh and I just prefer them like that. I ALWAYS do my own nails as I don't see why I should pay someone to do it when I do a fine job of them myself (I'm not a cheapskate...honest!).
3) No matter how many times people tell me that washing your hair every day is bad for it, I can't help but do it. I cannot stand any hint of greasiness in my hair, it just makes me feel gross and unkempt. I have tried not to wash it before and I ended up not leaving the house because I felt so manky...sad but true! I know my OCD fairy is to blame for this obsession and it ain't gonna change anytime soon so I will just have to keep using intensive treatments, olive oil and coconut oil to keep my tresses in good condition.
4) Everywhere I look, I hear makeup artist saying "you should never apply bronzer all over your face". Yep, that's another thing I do. I do apply it with a very light hand but the thing is, no matter how well my foundation matches my skintone, I always feel that my face looks paler than my chest and neck so I have to compensate by applying a very light dusting of matte bronzer all over my face. I then contour with a dark powder like the one in the Sleek Contour Kit. This is just how I do my makeup and I like it.
5) I always hear people saying "oh I apply body moisturiser every single morning after my shower" and I always find myself thinking a) who the hell has the time to do that every morning and b) the sticky feeling on my skin would just irritate me, especially in summer. I have tried to be good and do that every morning but I often found myself waiting around for the moisturiser to sink in. Also, in summer in a hot office at work, it just makes me feel horrible. I much prefer to use a shower oil so that it does two jobs in one! It's a lazy solution to the problem!
6) Everyone knows that you are supposed to change your mascara every 2-3 months but I have to say that I don't. I know they say that it can cause eye infections etc but that's never happened to me before (I know that's not the best excuse but it's the best one I could come up with and I'm sticking to it!). I guess I just find it difficult because I love YSL and Rouge Bunny Rouge mascaras and they ain't cheap! So I can never bring myself to chuck them out when they aren't even finished. The only reason I would dump a mascara is if it's no good or it dries up.
7) I really should wash my makeup brushes alot more than I do. I am good with my foundation brushes and wash them alot but when it comes to my bronzer brushes, contour brushes or eyeshadows ones, because I use the same products alot, I just never see the point in washing them twice a week. The more I write this post, the more I realise that I'm quite a lazy person!
Friday, April 23, 2010
1) First up is MAC Face and Body Foundation (I use the shade C4). This stuff is water based so it doesn't leave a greasy film on the skin. I don't use it on my face because it doesn't offer enough coverage for me. However, I love to use it on my legs because it gives them colour and evens out the skintone at the same time. It's perfect for when you don't want a dark tan, you just want to add a little bit of colour. It's really easy to blend and lasts for as long as you want it to i.e. it only comes off when you wash it off. It also contains various emollients to keep your skin moisturised and soft. I've had mine for around a year and it's still half full! 2) The Sanctuary Bidadari Shimmering Body Souffle - I love to use this on my skin when I'm going out on the town because it moisturises whilst adding a really beautiful golden sheen to the skin. It makes your skin look really healthy and glowy and looks particularly fantastic on the decollage and legs! It's a really light formulation so it seeps into the skin quickly and without leaving any tacky or sticky feeling. It's just another product that makes me feel more glamourous when I'm all dressed up.
3) St Tropez Everyday Mousse - I spoke about this recently and I have to re-iterate how amazing this product is! I am so glad I found it because it's the answer to all my problems with self tan. As you know, I have decided to use this product for my wedding day because just one application gives me the subtle golden glow that I want. I was really paranoid about using self tan for my wedding day because I didn't want to go over the top, given that ivory naturally makes your skin look more tanned. This St Tropez gradual tanning mousse gives JUST the right amount of colour and it's so easy to use. You don't even need to use gloves! It dries so quickly and no more horrible stained bed sheets that you get with the normal St Tropex tinted mousse! This is definitely my HG self tanner!
9) Prestige Lip Liner in Silk - I had been searching for so long to find the perfect lipliner that was subtle enough to accentuate my lips without getting the dreaded obvious line around them. This lip liner is the perfect shade to suit my natural lip colour, it applies smoothly and really lasts. For someone who loves nude and pink lips, this liner is just perfection.
What are your favourite products at the moment?
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
- It's a light mousse formula that dries extremely quickly
- The packaging is practical and non-messy
- It's infused with Aloe Vera for moisturisation and an even tan
- It's gradual so you can control the colour (although I found that one application is enough)
- It has a refreshing smell with no weird scent after the colour has developed
- It's a colourless foam so it won't mark your clothes or bedsheets
I wasn't sure if one application would be enough to get the colour I was after but it was absolutely perfect. I would say that it's half the colour you would get from a normal St Tropez self tan application (which was sometimes too dark for me). This stuff is so easy to apply and you can do it without gloves. Just make sure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards to avoid brown palms! All the same rules apply to this as with normal self tans, in that you have to exfoliate beforehand and also use a very light moisturiser (Vaseline Aloe Vera cream is perfect!).
The other miracle product I have discovered is the St Tropez Tan Detox pictured on the right above. It's a mix of lavender, lemon and hazlenut oils that you add to your bath to soften your skin, whilst the exfoliating cloth you get with it can be used to remove any unwanted self tan build up. It returns your skin to it's natural tone. This product is amazing, I just added 2 cap fulls into a warm bath, soaked in it for 10 minutes and then used the exfoliating cloth in circular motions on my knees, elbows and feet. It removed any patchiness or build up without having to scrub hard at your skin and irritate it. I love this stuff and I can't believe that I haven't used it before. It's not designed to correct self tan mistakes but more to prepare your skin for the best possible self tan results by making sure your skin is smooth, moisturised and free of any self tan used previously. It's best to wait 12 hours before applying any self tan after you have used this product, just to ensure you're getting the full moisturisation benefits and also to make sure there's no oily residue left on the skin (I guess you could just take a quick shower if you're i a rush though). I love, love, love this stuff!
I feel a bit more comfortable now I have found the product that works best on my skin and I can look forward to have the perfect subtle tan on my wedding day.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I would have to say that my favourite out of all of these has to be the Coralista blush because it's such a perfect colour.
Monday, April 19, 2010
1) We met with our wedding photographer on Saturday and he is amazing! He asked loads of questions and brought up things I didn't even think of before (like having a spare shirt for chris in case one of the groomsmen sprays champagne on him and spare shoes for walking on the beach!). We had a look through his portfolio and it's so impressive, you can view some of his work here. He is very imaginative about how he takes his shots so I am really excited to see what he comes up with! He was convinced that Chris looked exactly like Jenson Button, the racing driver, but you guys can decide for yourselves...
And here's my gorgeous fiance, Chris...
2) I started the Slim Fast plan last week so I'm 8 days in and it's going really well. Basically, I have a shake for breakfast, then a healthy snack (anything that's around 100 calories), then a shake for lunch, then another snack, the a proper meal for dinner (max of 600 cals) then you can have a low calorie dessert. I also go to the gym 4 times a week and do a mix of cardio and weights for an hour each time. I just weighed myself today and I've lost 2lbs in the past week so I'm extremely happy! I have bought another tub of Slim Fast for the next 6 days so I can keep going with my progress. It's not a long term solution but my weightloss was starting to plateau so I just felt like I needed a boost. I am going to keep going with the Slim Fast plan until the wedding. I will let you know how much I've lost in total.
3) Our hamster Wolverine (a.k.a. Wolfey) is still a big hit with us. He is actually alot more switched on than I thought he would be. He is really good at problem solving stuff like moving things around his cage so he can reach food. His favourite treats are the little chocolate drops you get for Hamsters. As you can see, he goes mad over them...
He is becoming more and more used to being handled and Chris is definitely getting very attached to him!
Friday, April 16, 2010
The 50's introduced actresses like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, the makeup looks were similar but the hairstyles were slightly more relaxed. I'm always amazed when I hear about all the makeup tricks that Marilyn used to sculpt her face for the silver screen. Even if you would never wear this kind of look, I still think this video by Kandee The Makeup Artist is amazing and she really captures Marilyn's look. Kandee goes through the ways that Marilyn used to contour her nose to change it's shape and I think it's fascinating! I am still trying to perfect this eye look (red lipstick doesn't suit me so I just try to copy the eye makeup because I think it's really beautiful).
I would love for my makeup artist to do something similar to this on my eyes for my wedding day. It's just such a classic look, it never dates and it always looks stunning. I have my trial with her in June so I will take lots of pictures so you guys can see how that turns out!
Keeping with the vintage theme of this post, I got my hair comb for my wedding day from a really great website http://www.the-little-things-in-life.co.uk/. They are based in the UK and do vintage-style wedding jewellery and tiaras so if you are looking for anything like that for your big day...check it out. The prices are amazingly reasonable compared to wedding shops where the prices can be astronomical! Even if you're not getting married and you love vintage jewellery, you might find something there that you like, they have loads of cute things. I especially love their really girly Jewellery Stands:I was recently informed by one of my lovely friends, Fiona, that there is now a shop called The Closet on Jopp's Lane in Aberdeen that sells and hires out vintage clothing and accessories! I need to rush down there asap because I would love to pick up some accessories to add some retro touches to my outfits. Everything in the shop is hand picked so they don't buy things in bulk and they sometimes hold open nights so you and your friends can have a look around whilst sipping on some yummy cocktails. I would love to own some bonafide vintage items!
So which era inspires you the most? Are you a fan of vintage clothing and accessories?