Friday, April 30, 2010

A General Ramble

I'm feeling a bit random today so I thought I would reflect my mood by writing a random post about various things that I am coveting/loving at the moment! 

TURQUOISE JEWELLERY

I definitely go through phases of being obsessed with different things and after seeing Jessica Szohr from Gossip Girl wearing THAT amazing turquoise necklace, I have been searching for turquoise jewellery everywhere! I also remember seeing pics of Cameron Diaz at an awards ceremony a couple of years back wearing a turqouise necklace with a hot pink gown, I think the contrast between those two colours is just amazing. 
I love wearing turquoise jewellery with white tops as well because it looks so fresh and summery.  What colour are you obsessed with at the moment?

MONSOON

I have always loved Monsoon for their dresses and summer clothes, they always have really bright hues that instantly make me feel like summer is here.  I spotted a really cute summer dress in there this week (pictured below).  It would be perfect for my honeymoon with some cute summer sandals! I also spotted some lovely grey shorts and since they were made of a very light material, they would be perfect to be dressed up or down on holiday.  Lastly, I am a sucker for anything with sparkly bits, sequins or beading so the grey lightweight cardigan below with sequin lapels is right up my street! It would be great to layer and use instead of a jacket on warmer days.

REISS

Yes, my fixation on Reiss continues...I am loving their accessories at the moment, especially their bags! I also love the beaded suede jacket shown below, I've never seen anything like it before and I must have it!

AX PARIS

While I was browsing in New Look, I came across this brand called AX Paris.  The main reason why it caught my attention was because of this really pretty cream top that had beautiful chiffon leaf deatiling around the bust.  As soon as I saw it, I was mentally matching it to outfits in my wardrobe.  The best thing was that the top was only £20! What an amazing bargain! They didn't have my size so I am definitely going to check out the other New Look in Aberdeen for my size because I need this top in my life! Another item that jumped out at me from AX Paris was the butterfly print sun dress below...how pretty!

JENNIFER ANISTON

Now this may be a controversial comment for some of you, but I have never been the greatest fan of Jennifer Aniston (well to clarify, I didn't love her or hate her, I just didn't have an opinion on her).  I think it's probably just down to the fact that she is on every magazine cover and I ended up just getting bored reading about her and seeing her.  Granted it's not her fault because the media seem to have latched on this 'poor single girl' persona that has been attached to her.  I do feel bad for her because she has been made out to be some desperate 40-something singleton who is clinging onto every guy she dates.  I don't believe that to be true and I have to admit that I was impressed by how dignified she was throughout the whole Brad-Angelina saga.  She is the quintessential 'girl-next-door' and no matter what films she stars in, people will always think of her as Rachel Green.  I was flicking through a mag recently (I think it was Harper's Bazaar) and I found myself being wowed by a photoshoot...
I mean whether you like her or dislike her, one thing I wil say is that I would LOVE to look this good when I'm in my 40's! She looks amazing, I mean, just look at her figure! I love that golden beached blonde California girl look that she rocks and although her fashion choices are always VERY safe, she never gets it wrong.  Kudos to Jennifer.  I wish the media would start giving her a break for once.

KELIS - ACAPELLA

And the last random bit of this post? Well, I just wanted to say that I LOVE this new song by Kelis - Acapella.  I always have this on when I'm working out at the gym because it's a really uplifting song when you feel like you're going to give up after 30 mins on the cross trainer! She apparently wrote it about her son which really makes sense when you listen to the lyrics.

I really like the video too, it's an extravaganza of colour and crazy head-gear that just has you glued to the screen.  I much prefer creative music videos to those ones where they just stick a load of girls in bikinis and get them to play football.

What are your favourite songs/music videos of the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment