Thursday, April 8, 2010

Plastic Surgery going out of fashion?

I was reading an article the other day about how studies show that plastic surgery is slowly going out of fashion and the general public are swaying more towards the more natural looking celebrities. Now I am not saying that the natural looking celebs haven't had something done because the top plastic surgeons in the USA have, more than once, confirmed that 99% of celebs have had SOMETHING done. In my opinion, that's fine, if tweaking a small part of your face makes you happier and more confident, then I think that's perfectly understandable. Some people have crooked noses, hooded eyes and protruding ears that they want to get 'fixed'.

The pics below show the changing faces of Heidi over the course of the last few years... However, I do think that alot of celebs like Heidi Montag from The Hills take it way too far. She has managed to completely remove any character from her face and she looks like a totally different person altogether! To me, she just looks really fake, like a Barbie doll and that's not a good thing. Her face looks expressionless and I don't think she looks any happier than before (she actually looks miserable in all the pics I have seen of her lately!). She also looks alot older than her 23 years...
When you think about it, who IS 100% happy with the way they look? I have always hated the little bump I have in my nose but as I have grown older, I have realised that it's imperfections like these that make me who I am and make my face more interesting. When you're picking your features out of a plastic surgeon's book, you're going to end up looking like everyone else who has had surgery and where's the fun in that? I celebrate being an individual and let's face it, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same! This post isn't about bashing anyone who has had or intends to have plastic surgery. I just think you have to consider your choices very carefully and try to maintain who you are, instead of trying to achieve the idealistic idea of how you think you should look.


Heidi had 10 procedures in one day and I don't know about you, but judging from the before and after pics below, I much prefer the way she looked pre-surgery!
I don't particularly like the image that Heidi has portrayed over the years and she never comes across as the sharpest tool in the box (I can't comment on how she is off camera obviously). However, I do think it's sad that an attractive girl has permanently ruined her looks because she felt that she wasn't good enough. I just hope that young girls who look up to her don't think that this is normal!

What do you guys think about Heidi's surgery? Would you ever consider having something done?

No comments:

Post a Comment