Monday, April 19, 2010

Good Times/Bad Times

GOOD TIMES

1) We met with our wedding photographer on Saturday and he is amazing! He asked loads of questions and brought up things I didn't even think of before (like having a spare shirt for chris in case one of the groomsmen sprays champagne on him and spare shoes for walking on the beach!). We had a look through his portfolio and it's so impressive, you can view some of his work here. He is very imaginative about how he takes his shots so I am really excited to see what he comes up with! He was convinced that Chris looked exactly like Jenson Button, the racing driver, but you guys can decide for yourselves...

Here's Jenson....

And here's my gorgeous fiance, Chris...
2) I started the Slim Fast plan last week so I'm 8 days in and it's going really well. Basically, I have a shake for breakfast, then a healthy snack (anything that's around 100 calories), then a shake for lunch, then another snack, the a proper meal for dinner (max of 600 cals) then you can have a low calorie dessert. I also go to the gym 4 times a week and do a mix of cardio and weights for an hour each time. I just weighed myself today and I've lost 2lbs in the past week so I'm extremely happy! I have bought another tub of Slim Fast for the next 6 days so I can keep going with my progress. It's not a long term solution but my weightloss was starting to plateau so I just felt like I needed a boost. I am going to keep going with the Slim Fast plan until the wedding. I will let you know how much I've lost in total.
3) Our hamster Wolverine (a.k.a. Wolfey) is still a big hit with us. He is actually alot more switched on than I thought he would be. He is really good at problem solving stuff like moving things around his cage so he can reach food. His favourite treats are the little chocolate drops you get for Hamsters. As you can see, he goes mad over them...
He is becoming more and more used to being handled and Chris is definitely getting very attached to him!

BAD TIMES

1) The downside to Saturday was my meeting with the table dresser for the wedding venue. I had sent her pictures by email outlining what I wanted and even phoned her to make sure we were on the same page. She turned up at the venue late, looking scruffy, nothing had been set up and she hardly took anything with her. There were a couple of things she took out like tall glass vases filled with luminous green slimy stuff that were horrendous, they looked like something out of Ghostbusters!I was just really disappointed at how unprofessional she was and I didn't even bother taking any photos. So the search is now on for a new venue dresser! I'm trying to look on the bright side that I found out now and not closer to the wedding date. Now I can get on with finding the right person for the job.

2) I took a look outside today and it was snowing! (only lightly but still...). I just want summer to be here...I'm sick of all the cold, blustery weather. For a while it seemed like summer had arrived because we had quite a few lovely sunny days and it seemed to be warming up. I can't wait for the time when we can have BBQ's and sit outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment