Friday, April 23, 2010

Products I'm Loving Right Now

I just wanted to take you guys through some products that I have really been enjoying using recently. I always love reading these posts on other people's blogs because it always gives me a chance to check out new products.

1) First up is MAC Face and Body Foundation (I use the shade C4). This stuff is water based so it doesn't leave a greasy film on the skin. I don't use it on my face because it doesn't offer enough coverage for me. However, I love to use it on my legs because it gives them colour and evens out the skintone at the same time. It's perfect for when you don't want a dark tan, you just want to add a little bit of colour. It's really easy to blend and lasts for as long as you want it to i.e. it only comes off when you wash it off. It also contains various emollients to keep your skin moisturised and soft. I've had mine for around a year and it's still half full! 2) The Sanctuary Bidadari Shimmering Body Souffle - I love to use this on my skin when I'm going out on the town because it moisturises whilst adding a really beautiful golden sheen to the skin. It makes your skin look really healthy and glowy and looks particularly fantastic on the decollage and legs! It's a really light formulation so it seeps into the skin quickly and without leaving any tacky or sticky feeling. It's just another product that makes me feel more glamourous when I'm all dressed up.

3) St Tropez Everyday Mousse - I spoke about this recently and I have to re-iterate how amazing this product is! I am so glad I found it because it's the answer to all my problems with self tan. As you know, I have decided to use this product for my wedding day because just one application gives me the subtle golden glow that I want. I was really paranoid about using self tan for my wedding day because I didn't want to go over the top, given that ivory naturally makes your skin look more tanned. This St Tropez gradual tanning mousse gives JUST the right amount of colour and it's so easy to use. You don't even need to use gloves! It dries so quickly and no more horrible stained bed sheets that you get with the normal St Tropex tinted mousse! This is definitely my HG self tanner!
4) Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup in Fresco - I started using this again last week because it used to be my go-to foundation when I was at uni. I was so dedicated to it and then the inevitable happened...I started this blog and began wondering about other foundations out there (it's the "grass is always greener" syndrome rearing it's ugly head again!). I have to say that I've fallen in love with this foundation again because it offers fantastic coverage for night's out or special occasions, it gives a matte finish so you don't end up all shiny and it lasts soooo long! Some people feel this foundation is too heavy, although the consistency is lighter than Revlon Colorstay, but I really do think this is brillaint for anyone who wants a truly medium to full coverage. It blends well, doesn't crease in fine lines and I love it! The only small downside is that some people have experienced the SPF creating that white out effect in photos but it's never really affected me in that way . I always apply a barrier between my skin and the foundation (whether it's moisturiser and/or primer) so I think that possibly stops the SPF from creating that effect. Not sure about that but I'm taking a guess here!
5) Optrex Rereshing Eye Drops - I had never thought to feature these on my blog before until I pulled it out of my bag on a night out a few weeks ago because the atmosphere in clubs sometimes makes my eyes bloodhsot and tired looking. My friend said "wow, what a great idea!". So I thought I would give it a mention in case anyone else suffers from dry eyes in these circumstances. Also, if you wake up in the morning and your eyes are bloodshot from tiredness, or you sit in front of a computer all day, then these drops are great to cool and refresh your eyes. It really helps to get rid of the bloodshot look and you will look wide awake again.
6) Clinique Super City Block SPF40 - I always struggle to find good SPF creams for under my makeup. Most of them leave such a sticky/greasy film on the skin that causes your makeup to just slide off your face. However, this slightly tinted lightweight cream protects your skin whilst creating a really solid base for your makeup. I love it and it will be a life saver in summer and also on holiday!
7) Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Liquid Eyeshadow in Sand Shimmer - You guys know I love my golden bronze shades and this baby definitely delivers on that! It's such a wearable colour for summer, just a single wash of this, some black liquid liner, some mascara and you're done. The only downside to this is I expected the tube to be bigger but I will definitely be checking out the rest of the collection because I generally love most of EL Bronze Goddess products.
8) Urban Decay Blow Lip Plumper - I have to say that I've had some scary experiences with lip plumpling products. I don't know if I have sensitive lips but they don't seem to react well with some of these types of products (Too Faced being one of them). I'm reasonably happy with my lips but who wouldn't like to plump their puckers up a bit more?! This plumping gloss from Urban Decay only has a very slight tint to it, it has quite a nice scent and you start to feel the numbing effect after about 2 or 3 minutes. This numb feeling lasts for around 10-15 minutes then it subsides and you're left with noticeably plumper lips. Nothing crazy or Angelina Jolie-esque but my lips just look a bit more luscious. I didn't experience any pain or discomfort with this product at all and there wasn't any redness either. This lipgloss is great and I will be using it tonight when I go out.
9) Prestige Lip Liner in Silk - I had been searching for so long to find the perfect lipliner that was subtle enough to accentuate my lips without getting the dreaded obvious line around them. This lip liner is the perfect shade to suit my natural lip colour, it applies smoothly and really lasts. For someone who loves nude and pink lips, this liner is just perfection.

What are your favourite products at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment