Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Illamasqua Body Electrics

Illamasqua was going to be holding an event in April but due to train strikes and various other factors, this had to be cancelled. They said they would be sending out a gift to everyone who was invited to the event. You will have already read Holly's post on this yesterday over at The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog. I got mine this morning and I was very excited to open the big black bow! Inside the lime green covered interior of the box was Body Electrics info which looks amazingly artistic (as does all of Illamasqua's promotional art)...
I was lucky enough to be sent the Liquid Metal in Surge and the Nail Polish in Jo'Mina, which as Holly had said, really is a true lilac. I can't wait to wear this! It's still pastel but vibrant at the same time!
The Liquid Metal in Surge is amazing! I've never owned one of these before but I've read countless blog posts on them and how pigmented they are, and they weren't wrong!
I am really looking forward to doing an Illamasqua haul soon because I find their products really exciting. This new collection is "inspired by the power of kinetic energy and the fluidity of the body in motion". I think the reason why I'm so drawn to Illamasqua is because it really appeals to my creative side. They take things further than other brands. It may not be your cup of tea but I like the fact that they offer something completely different to the market. Now that their website has been greatly improved with proper swatches, it's so much easier to find what you're looking for. It just shows you that they did listen to everyone's feedback and that is really encouraging.
Is there anything you have been coveting from Illamasqua?

No comments:

Post a Comment