Thursday, April 15, 2010

FOTD using new products

Nothing gets me more in the mood for summer than bronze and golden shades. It's my all-time favourite combination in summer, the sunshine brings them to life and just intensifies them. I love the beachy bronzey look so I just rough styled my hair today and let the natural wave take over. It gave me a chance to show you how the Mac Gingerly blush and Mac Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl look once applied. I also wanted to try out 3 other new products I have and give a quick overview on what I think of them.Face: Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation in Sand, Mac Moisturecover concealer in NW20 (under eyes), Benefit You're Bluffing Redness Concealing Wand (on chin and around nose), Benefit Hello Flawless Powder in Shell, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer, MAC Blush in Gingerly (to contour), Mac Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl (on cheekbones).So here's my take on the Maybelline foundation. Sand is a great colour match for my skin, it blends easily, it's light in formulation BUT having used it 3 times before, I'm not convinced that it lasts 24 hours and it leaves my skin looking a little shiny even after applying powder that's usually fine on me (I'm not that keen on how it photographs).

I would say that it lasted about the same amount of time as most other foundations in the same category, around 8 or 9 hours. It hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin in any way which is a bonus and it does feel very light on the skin and doesn't gather in fine lines or around the eyes.

The coverage is just short of medium, it didn't really even out the redness in my face. Overall, I think the foundation is ok but it definitely did not blow me away and I have other foundations in my collection that are alot better such as YSL Teint Resist or Nars Sheer Glow. I was quite disappointed given the claims of 24 hour staying power.

Something I am impressed with is the Benefit You're Bluffing Redness Concealing Wand shown below:I sometimes struggle to cover the redness I get around my nose and on my chin so this product, which is a buttermilk yellow concealer is perfect for that. It allows you to cover up these areas without having to use heavier concealing products. This wand is creamy, blendable and stays put all day. I only need a tiny bit to completely disguise any redness so that to me is a huge help!I have swatched some of the product below so you can see the true colour. Obviously, if you don't suffer from redness then you would have no need for this product but for people like me, it's a god send!Eyes: Clarins Eyebrow Pencil in Soft Blonde, Mac Paint Pot in Indianwood (as a base), Mac Ricepaper e/s (all over lid, inner corners and browbone), Mac Retrospeck e/s (all over lid), Mac Woodwinked e/s (in outer corners and on outer quarter of lower lashline), Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Baked (along top lashline), Bobbi Brown Gel Eyelier in Bronze Shimmer (very close to top lashline and flicked out), YSL Singulier Mascara in Black.
Lips: Prestige Lipliner in Silk, Mac Creme De Nude lipstick, Estee Lauder Pure Colour Gloss in Golden
I love this 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Baked from Urban Decay, it's the most gorgeous golden bronze! These eye pencils are creamy, easy to apply and never drag the delicate skin on the eyelid. I also have one in Bourbon and I love that too. They last all day but can be smudged once applied if that's the look you want to go for.
Just look at how sheeny and gorgeous the swatch is...
What are your favourite looks/colours to wear in summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment