Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What's Your Take On Tights?


Patterned tights are nothing new or groundbreaking but lately it seems like there are more and more designs on the market.  I have never been that daring with my choice of tights and I tend to stick to black or dark grey.  There are some very risque bondage-style designs kicking around like the Wolford tights that Cheryl Cole wears in her latest music video for 'Promise This'.  There are also faux suspender ones sported by Pixie Geldof, Pixie Lott and Frankie Sandford from The Saturdays.   I think it would take quite alot of guts to wear these particular tights because they are quite overtly sexy so I reckon they are more suited to wearing at night time!  They would certainly get you alot of attention! I can't imagine nipping down to the supermarket in those babies!


I particularly like the two toned tights that Kylie is sporting above because they seem like they would be very slimming and flattering on the legs.  The paler panel down the front acts as an optical illusion to make your legs appear thinner...not that Kylie needs any help in that department!  This is probably one of the 'safest' variations to go for if you don't want to go too crazy.  I have to say that I'm still not sure about the lace tights though...if worn with the wrong outfit, they can almost look a bit cheap.  I think the key thing to remember is to dress them down slightly...i.e. don't wear them with a bandage dress!  These designs aren't for shrinking violets or the faint hearted but I think they are a really fun take on a piece of clothing that we will all be sporting throughout autumn and winter!  I often find that if you wear something with confidence, then it tends to look good but if you look awkward or embarassed, then people will probably question what you're wearing.  So this is definitely a trend that must be worn with pride!

So what do you think? Would you wear any of these designs or will you be sticking to your plain black tights?

No comments:

Post a Comment