Thursday, October 7, 2010

Makeup Crush: Kelly Brook


As well as my new regular Style Crush of the week, I also wanted to start up a Makeup Crush post to show where I draw inspiration from.  I always find these kind of posts fun and sometimes they can encourage you to try something you wouldn't normally consider.  Over the time I have been blogging, I've started trying lots of makeup looks that I never thought would suit me...but sometimes you get a surprise and realise that it actually looks good.  I love seeing how celebs achieve their makeup looks and possibly find out what products they used.  I will try my best to find out what products were used in the looks I post but obviously it's not always possible to find out.  I personally avoid those 'promotional' pages in magazines where they only push one brand...diversity is the spice of life and I use both high end and drugstore/pharmacy products in my daily routine. 

Today's makeup crush is Kelly Brook who is sporting an almost Kim Kardashian combo of soft smokey eye and nude lip.  Now I know that not everyone is fond of the nude lip but I personally love it and I think Kelly looks amazing in this picture.  Granted there will have been some airbrushing as that's to be expected nowadays but let's just put that aside and concentrate on the makeup.


This look was created by Troy Jensen who's clients include Kim Kardashian, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, Megan Fox and Nicole Scherzinger.  On his site he seems to punt one brand for each celeb look he does...not sure if that's to do with sponsorship or what but I'm sure there would be cheaper dupes you could use. 

In this particular look, he said he used Guerlain products so for the record, here's a rundown...
Guerlain Parure Aqua Foundation
Guerlain Glow Enhancing Perfector
Guerlain Tailor Made Bronzing Powder (Brunettes)
Guerlain Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder (Rose Frais)
Guerlain Mono Eyeshadows in L'Instant Nuit & L'Instant Prucieux
Guerlain Eyeliner and Eyeshadow in Smokey Metal
Guerlain Loose Powder in Noir
Guerlain Eyebrow Pencil in Brun
Guerlain Eye Pencil in Khol Me Black
Guerlain Two Brush Mascara in Noir 2 Noir
Sephora Collection Lashes
Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact in Gardenia
Guerlain Moisturising Sun Shimmer Gloss in Sable

Take that with a pinch of salt if you will because I'm never that convinced when makeup artists claim to use products all from the same brand.  But if there's something you see in the pic that you like, then maybe it will give you an idea of what to look at next time you pass the Guerlain counter.

I reckon you could use the Sleek Smokey Eye Palette to create the look above.  Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil in Zero would be great as soft definition for the eyes, with Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner in Black close to the lashes.  You could use one of the brown toned Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows as a base to stop the eyes from looking too dark.  For the flawless skin, I think my current foundation would be perfect (Estee Lauder Double Wear).  He hasn't used any blush on this look, he just used a quad bronzer, utilising the darker shades as contour shades.  Any highlighter such as the one you get in Sleek's Contour palette would suffice, or Dior's Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond would look amazing.  I think my favourite nude lipstick Estee Lauder Pure Colour lipstick in Vanilla Truffle would be perfect for this look with some Mac Cremesheen in Boy Bait on top.

This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think Kelly looks stunning in this picture.  She normally rocks a retro red lip when she does red carpet appearances and that looks amazing on her too.  There's something very sultry and sexy about a subtely smokey eye and the secret is all in the blending to make sure there aren't any harsh lines.  Often you will find that layering the colours is the key to creating a really blended, effective eye.

On another note, how AMAZING was Natalie Imbruglia's makeup on the 'judge's house' episodes of the X Factor at the weekend?! I tried to find pictures of that look but they were all too blurry.  I heart that makeup though! She looked incredible!


Who is your makeup crush at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment