Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Am Gobsmacked...

I was catching up on my blog reading list tonight and after I read this post by Nicolavc86, I was completely gobsmacked to learn that there are forums dedicated to trashing gurus.  I had no idea such things existed! I am not going to post links to these sites because they don't deserve any more attention, but I am aware that this post is highlighting the fact that they are there BUT I felt so strongly about it that I just wanted to vent on here.

First of all, after everything that has happened with my dad this week, after realising how short life really is, I just can't get my head around the fact that there are so many people out there on the internet who waste their lives spewing venimous, absurd and slanderous accusations, commenting on the physical appearance of the gurus in an extremely personal and spiteful way and generally launching a full scale character assasination on their chosen hate victim. I actually became quite upset reading some of the comments and I closed the window down after reading a handful.

I became so upset because it's hard to fathom that there are people out there with such hate inside them, such bitterness and the audacity to post such awful thing about someone they have never met before. I mean, just because these gurus are bloggers and youtubers and give us an insight into their lives DOES NOT mean that it's ok to tear them to pieces. I'm all for free speech but there's a big difference between giving an opinion and picking someone apart unnecessarily. I've always been of the opinion that if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut and if they don't like someone's YouTube videos or blog, then they can always unsubscribe! No one is forcing them to read or watch this stuff! That's what really gets me.

With that in mind, I can only come to one conclusion...that these people relish ripping people to shreds, in the vain attempt to "bring them down a notch or two". The only person they have brought down is themselves, because any decent person reading those forums would be as appalled as I was. These people take pleasure in critisising gurus who, on the whole, are doing what they do to help and advise people.  If you think someone is annoying, has no style or rubbish hair...fine, but keep it to yourself.  Why would you want to set out to intentionally hurt someone's feelings? You don't know what might be going on in their lives, they may have stress to deal with and you may be contributing to that....that's not big and it's not clever.

I can tell you something, if these people said the things they have to a REAL person in the street, they all would have been lamped by now! No one would stand for that kind of behaviour in the real world and that's why the majority of these people hide behind anonymous profiles, because they know what they are doing is wrong, it's not ok, it's not justified and they are scared of the backlash they may create if people knew who they really were.  Their inboxes would be full to the brim with protests and angry emails.  Hate breeds hate and that's a sad fact of life.  But these people should remember this famous quote about jealousy..."If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang".

I am so sick and tired of seeing comments like "who does she think she is?"...."her face is lop-sided"..."she needs to get a better camera".  Well...if they think they are so perfect then why don't they start up their own channel? I'll tell you why...because not many people would follow a blog or channel that continuously trashes other people and encourages hate towards other human beings.  Who wants that kind of negativity in their lives? I have always believed that you get back what you give out.  If you are a happy and positive person, you will generally get that back.  If you are a jealous and hateful person, then you will wither inside and be a very lonely person. 

You're not going to like EVERY guru on here or YouTube but keep in mind that they are human beings too and they have feelings.  So people should think twice before they post a negative comment because their words could make a bad day worse for that person.

What I'm really trying to say is that I wish those people would just grow up, get a life and stop being so petty. 

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment