Saturday, October 30, 2010

ASOS Purchase & Styling


I was browsing on ASOS the other day and spotted a dress that was SO me that I just had to have it.  It's a pastel lilac panel bandeau dress with a grecian feel to it.  I absolutely adore the sweeping, knotted sashes across the body.  It comes a couple of inches about the knee so it's the perfect length for me.  It's such a flattering fit because the sweetheart neckline compliments my fuller bust and the ruching has a really slimming effect!  The best thing is it only cost £42.


I tried it on as soon as it was delivered and before long, I was mentally styling it with different accessories I have.  I wanted to take you through my thought process I have when I get a new piece of clothing.  I am such a massive OCD clothes geek that I mentally plan what I would wear with the item, even down to the makeup, hair and what shade of nail polish I would team with it.  So I raided my shoes, bags and jewellery and these are the options I came up with...


The shoes above are from Carvela, the bag is from Accessorize and the necklace is from Coast.


The shoes above are from Next, the bag is from Coast, the jewelled bangle is from Debenhams and the thin bangles are from Accessorize.


The above shoes are from Aldo, the bag is from Warehouse, the necklace is from Coast and the cuff is from Next.


The above shoes are from Aldo, the bag is from Oasis, the necklace is from Coast and the ring is from Monsoon.

I think with this dress, loose waves would work best to compliment the femininity of the dress and makeup wise...I'm thinking either a subtlely smokey eye with silvers and greys OR a bridget bardot liquid liner flick with a candy pink lipgloss.  Oooooh the decisions!

As I said, I even plan my outfits down to the nail polish I'm going to wear and I picked out the above four shades in my collection as perfect partners from the gorgeous dress.  (Elf Royal Purple, YSL no.42, Illamasqua Jo'Mina and Essie Bachelorette Bash).

So what about you guys...do you plan your outfits this thoroughly or do you prefer to wing it on the night and choose what comes to hand?

On another matter, I cannot get Rihanna's new song out of my head! It's so damn catchy and I love the feel of the video...the way they have created that pinky, orangey sunset lighting.  That's always a magical time of the day and the location of the video looks incredible!  Apparently they filmed at locations just outside LA and I love the way they have created this colourful wonderland.  It looks amazing with Rihanna's vivid red hair and I'm also loving the retro styling!  Definitely one of the better pop videos around at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment