Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Urban Woman Jewellery & Nars Review

Hi guys, well I'm still battling with the remnants of the Rodial fake tan disaster...no matter how much I scrub my wrists and hands, the patches remain! I will just have to sit it out until the tan fades!
Anyways, on a lighter note, I just wanted to show you some jewellery that I was sent recently by a company called Urban Woman.  They are an online jewellery store with affordable prices and some really nice pieces.
I love this silver bangle, it's so simple but it's great to layer with other bangles on your wrist.  The mother of pearl effect on it is really pretty and the fastening hinge is so discreet and secure.  This is going to sound stupid but it's really satisfying to clip it together...I find myself playing with it just to hear it click.  I have been wearing it non-stop!  I have had a few comments on it already so it obviously catches people's eye.  The best thing is, it's only £15.00 so I am going to go buy a couple more so I can wear them together.
The second piece is totally different from the first but I love the tougher edge it has with the leather straps and steel details.  It's great for casual wear and it has a unique design that really stands out.  It's only £9.99 and I think that is a really decent price.  The bracelet itself feels well made and sturdy which is good because I can often be a bit clumsy when taking jewellery off!

Have you bought anything from this site? What did you think of the products/customer service?

The other thing I wanted to talk about today was the new product from Nars, the Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Skorpios, which is described as an iridescent copper on the Nars website.  You can use these jumbo pencils to line, shade the lid or highlight.  I love this colour, it's so intense and looks amazing smudged on the eye as a base, pushed into the lashline or highlighting the inner corners of the eyes. 
The formulation is smooth in texture and easy to blend.  It's long lasting and the pigmentation is fantastic.  There are two other shades that I would love to try, Aigle Noir - the black shade infused with gold shimmer and Goddess - a glistening pink champagne.  The black one would look amazing if used as part of a smokey eye and the pink champagne would be perfection for highlighting!
I love jumbo pencils and I use my bronzey brown Jemma Kidd one all the time.  They are brilliant to smudge along the lashline for a bit of daytime definition and you don't have to be too exact.  Just use a cotton bud to blend into the lid and you're good to go!  I reach for mine every day when I don't have time to faff around with liquid liners.  They are £15 each and I think that is reasonable given the amount of time they last and how useful they are.

Have you tried these Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencils? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment