Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Winning Product Combos

I realised that I have been using combinations of products lately that have really been working well together so I thought I would share them with you...
The first combo is Estee Lauder Pure Colour Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle with Jemma Kidd Hi Shine Silk Touch Lipgloss in Petal.  For starters, this EL lipstick is the ULTIMATE nude lipstick for me and if you love the nude lip look, then you have to have this in your collection.  You will definitely repurchase it again and again.  The formula is amazing, it's long lasting and the colour is perfection.  These two lip products together create the ideal nude lip and it's what I have been wearing every day for the past week.  The Jemma Kidd lipgloss is the most beautiful milky peach shade...it's so pretty! The formula also beats the likes of MAC because it's not sticky and it glides on really smoothly with no 'gloopy' bit in the corners or your mouth.
I have been trying these brand new Liz Earle hair products for the past few days and I love what they are doing to my hair.  As with all Liz Earle products, the Botanical Shine Shampoo contains lots of lovely natural ingredients including West African Shea Butter, Vitamin E and apple and orange extracts.  It smells delicious...really fresh and revitalising.  I am very fussy about haircare products but this shampoo created a really nice lather, it left my hair feeling light, manageable, smooth and really shiny.  It's safe for coloured hair and won't strip your hair so it definitely gets the thumbs up from me.  The Botanical Shine Conditioner for Dry & Damaged hair contains African Shea Butter, Yangu Oil, Blue Seakale and the same apple and orange extracts.  When you squeeze it from the tube, it resembles a thick moisturiser.  It feels very creamy and rich when you work it through your hair.  This conditioner also smells great but more importantly it left my hair feeling really soft and nourished but without that 'weighed down' feeling. I have fine hair so I have to stick to products that won't leave a heavy residue or make my roots greasy.   My hair looks alot healthier now and I love the fact that I get a lovely waft of the fruity scent throughout the day.  Let's face it, everyone wants hair that smells nice!
I often get a shiny T-Zone during the day so it always helps to apply a mattifying moisturiser in the morning.  I am currently using Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser with superfruit extracts (Blackcurrant & Goji Berry).  The great thing about the Good Things range is that all the products are free from parabens, mineral oils, sodium laureth sulphate and animal ingredients.  It's nice to apply something to your face knowing that it's made from natural ingredients.  This moisturiser smells gorgeous, like blackcurrants! Yummy! It's light, fast absorbing and keeps my t-zone from getting oily which means no more powder touch ups during the day.  Although it's a light formulation, it still keeps my skin hydrated and balanced.  It's supposed to make the skin less prone to breakouts as well so that's a big bonus! The moisturiser I have been using for night time is the good old favourite Nivea Soft.  I love the way it injects my skin with moisture and makes it feel super soft and smooth by the morning.  It's great for the body too and the tub is so big that it takes a while to work your way through it.  It's an oldie but a goodie!
I have been trying to boost my hair a bit after subjecting it to all that sun exposure on honeymoon.  It has been feeling a little dry since I got back and since I'm getting my hair coloured on Friday, I wanted to make sure it was in good condition to receive the highlights.  I have been mixing one pump of my Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment with my Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment.  These are both amazing products in their own right but when you mix them together to create a 30 min treatment for your hair, you will be amazed at how lovely your hair feels afterwards! Love them both!
I have been using Loreal's Renewal Lash Serum for months now and I love the way it has made my eyelashes fuller and more glossy.  Even though I apply this everyt night before bed, I am still on my first tube, this stuff seems to last for ages! I have been boosting the results I have had with the Loreal serum by using the Estee Lauder Lash Primer which conditions your lashes whilst boosting the performance of your mascara.  This stuff really works to bulk up your lashes and it ensures my lashes are being conditioned 24/7.
Continuing on from the last combo, the Estee Lauder Lash Primer works incredibly well with my favourite mascara Rouge Bunny Rouge Big Lash Amplitude mascara.  I can say without doubt that this is the best mascara I own for volume.  It blows YSL Faux Cils, YSL Singulier, Lancome Hypnose Drama and Loreal Voluminous out of the water.  It's the only mascara I own that creates really full, defined, luscious lashes.  It's one of those mascaras that gets better the longer you have it because once it has become less liquid and dried slightly, it adheres to the lashes even more and allows you to build really thick lashes.  People always seem to moan about the price of this Rouge Bunny Rouge mascara because it's £24.00 BUT people buy the YSL mascaras all the time for around £20 and they only last about 3 months before they dry out.  I've had my RBR mascara for about 9 months now and it still works perfectly.  So what's an extra £4 when you get results like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment