Thursday, September 16, 2010

Review of Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo & Conditioner

No doubt you have all heard of this brand now and alot of people have raved about the Moroccanoil treatment (which I have yet to try).  After all the hype and great reviews I heard, I was really excited when I was sent these two products to try.  It's the Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner for chemically damaged hair.  Here's a quick run-down of the basic ingredients:

  • Argan Oil
  • Keratin
  • Fatty Acids
  • Proteins
The shampoo and conditioner combo is Sulphate Phosphate and Paraben free and claims to "soothe dry, damaged hair leaving it soft, manageable and noticeably smoother.  The creamy lather helps repair chemically treated hair, leaving it soft, shiny and full of body".  

I have been using this shampoo and conditioner combo on and off for the past two weeks and I have to say that I am extremely underwhelmed.  I expected big things from this brand because I had heard so many people talk about how it has transformed their hair and made it look gorgeous.  The fact that they cost approximately £15-16 each and contain Keratin and Argan Oil made me think that they were going to have an amazing effect on my tresses.  

Well, I guess everyone's hair reacts differently because it had no noticeable effect on the condition of my hair.  The shampoo lathers well and it's ok but to be honest it didn't wow me or make my hair feel amazing afterwards.  The conditioner was more of a disappointment because I actually found it difficult to comb through my hair, which remained quite tangled and tuggy throughout.  Normally even the cheapest of conditioners makes combing the product through a lot easier but not in this case.  My hair felt a bit softer afterwards but I did notice that it was quite fluffy and static once I had dried it.

Both of the products smell nice, it reminds me of men's aftershave, like Jean Paul Gaultier's one for men (the bottle shaped like a sailor).  I persevered with the products as I wanted to make sure that I was using it constantly to check for longer term effects but...nothing.

I would say that you could pick up cheaper shampoos and conditioners that would be more effective.  In my opinion, the best high-end hair products I have used are by Kerastase or Sebastian (specifically the Penetraitt range).  I might try and buy Argan Oil on it's own and see if that is more effective in it's purest form.  I have tried the Macadamia Oil Shampoo, Intensive Conditioner and Oil Treatment and they were so fantastic for my hair.  I think I will stick to them in future for the best results.

Have you tried these products? Have you tried the oil treatment? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment