Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Had a Debenhams Voucher Burning A Hole In My Pocket....

I was meandering in town with my mum yesterday and she just loves to help me spend money...apparently it's revenge for all the money she spent on me when I was living at home!  I had a Debenhams voucher in my wallet that I had forgotten about for a while so I decided to put it to good use.
I have been looking for a pair of day-time appropriate black boots for a while now to wear with jeans, tights/skirts etc.  I was wandering around the shoe department in Debenhams and I was excited to see that they now have a collection of Dune shoes that are exclusive to Debenhams called 'Head Over Heels'.  We don't have a Dune store in Aberdeen so we have to rely on shops like John Lewis to stock the ones we like! It's always awkward ordering shoes over the net.  They had signs up everywhere in the 'Head Over Heels' section with '20% off' so naturally this attracted me even more!

After trying on a few pairs, I decided on these shoe boots...
 They have a perfect sized, cone-shaped heel and are really comfortable.  They are not the most exciting shoes in my collection but they are great basics and will go with just about anything.  I really like Dune shoes because they always feel high quality and last a long time.  I already have my eye on a couple of other winter boots from the 'Head Over Heels' range.

Oh and in other news, I have decided to dress up as Jem for my friend's 80's themed party.  I have found an outfit online and also a fake mic that I am going to DIY glamify by sticking glitter and jewels to! Yah! I can't wait!

I have been making up a playlist of 80's tunes for the party and I had a huge smile on my face listening to some of the tunes.  I love how cheesy the 80's were and I think the party is going to be so much fun.  I was going on about a Scottish band, Hue & Cry, they did a song that I used to love when I was a kid, I played it for Chris and he said he'd never heard of it!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this tune....



Here's another one that made me smile...I can't wait to have a silly dance off at the party to this...



What's your favourite 80's tune that makes you smile? What is your best 'dance off' move?

No comments:

Post a Comment