Friday, September 17, 2010

A Couple of Massive Skincare Product Raves

This Origins product has already been mentioned by Holly on her YouTube channel and that's where I first got wind of it.  I'm obsessed with having smooth, even, clear skin and I'm always experimenting with products that will deliver what I want.  I have to say that my skin is currently in the best condition it's ever been in and I put that down to these two products I am about to talk about.  I have noticed a big difference in my skin in the past couple of weeks and these are the only new products I have been using.
You know how it is at 'that time of the month' when you get hormonal and in my case, I ALWAYS get a few spots around my chin area.  However this month that didn't happen...for the first time ever.  I have been using the Origins Brighter By Nature High Potency Brightening Peel with fruit acids twice a week. The pads are formulated WITHOUT Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PABA, Petroleum, Paraffin, DEA, Synthetic Color, Synthetic Fragrance and Animal Ingredients.  Also, Origins only test their products on volunteer panels.  Here's a list of some of the ingredients:
  • Fruit Oils and extracts of Lime, Grapefruit, Blueberry, Cranberry, Apple, Pomegranate and Grape
  • Salicylic Acid
  • Witch Hazel
  • Caffeine
  • Chamomile
  • Lavender
  • Goji Berry
So you get the picture from this list of some of the ingredients that it's packed with good stuff for your skin.  Origins claim that this product rivals the benefits of a professional 30% glycolic peel without the redness and irritation.  The product is designed to even out skin tone, keep your skin clear of blemishes and make your skin smooth and radiant.


I have never had a professional glycolic peel but I have to say that I was so impressed by this Origins product.  It is so unbelievably easy to use because all you have to do is swipe one of the moist pads over your face and you're done! The pad has a slightly exfoliating feel to it but it's not in any way uncomfortable, you just feel a slight tingling sensation.  Afterwards your skin feels refreshed, soft and super smooth! Over time, I have noticed that my skin has become a lot more even and I haven't had one spot in 2 weeks now, not even tiny ones!  I feel so much more confident when my skin is really clear and it also means that I don't have to faff around with concealer all the time.  So it saves me time too! I love the luminosity this product gives to my skin, it's just glowing at the moment (and I don't think that's just down to being a newlywed!).  

The only slight downside for me is the price which is £28.00 for a jar of 40 pads.  If you are using this twice a week then it will only last around 20 weeks.  Obviously it's an expensive product but in my opinion, it's worth the money because it has really helped to transform my skin and it will undoubtedly save me money on new concealers.  It's all down to personal preference on whether you want to spend that kind of money on skincare.  I believe in paying for higher end products that really work but I mix them with cheaper products that also work for me.

Now I've already featured this product on my blog recently but I just HAD to mention it again because I really feel like it has also made a hug difference to my skincare regime.  It's the Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser with superfruit extracts.  This is another product that's suitable for vegetarians and vegans and it's also free from Parabens etc, etc.  It feels good to be using products that are packed with skin loving ingredients.  It's £7.99 for 100ml so I think that is very reasonable given that a little goes a long way.  I was also surprised that the moisturiser was so creamy and almost has a rich feeling to it.  The first thing you'll notice about this moisturiser is that it smells divine...exactly like Blackcurrants.  For me, that just makes it a total pleasure to apply to my face everyday.

This moisturiser really does keep your face shine-free and it makes an excellent base for my make up.  My foundation glides on and really 'sticks' to my skin when I use this beforehand.  As I said above, my skin has been so clear lately and this moisturiser also helps to make your skin less prone to breakouts because of the clarifying Blackcurrant extract.  It keeps my skin hydrated which is rare with this type of oil control moisturiser.  I really want to try some of the other Good Things products as this moisturiser has been a roaring success with my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment