Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Makeup Crush: Miranda Kerr, Shoe Lust & Beyonce



It's not difficult to make Australian Victoria's Secret model, Miranda Kerr, look beautiful because she pretty much has everything sorted before she even looks at a makeup product.  However, I really like the makeup look Troy Jensen created for her recently...


It really makes the most of her gorgeous eyes and would look perfect as a summer night makeup look.

Here are a list of the Dior products that were used to create the look:

"Miranda Kerr is Wearing Dior: SkinFlash Radiance Booster Pen (SunBeam 003), DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup (Cameo 022), DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup (Beige Praline 020), DiorBlush Glowing Color Powder Blush (SunKissed Cinamon 639), 5 Couleurs Iridescent EyeShadow (Ready-to-Glow 649), Crayon EyeLiner Pencil with Blending Tip (Black 090), DiorShow Iconic High Definition Lash Curling Mascara (Black 090), Sourcils Poudre Eyebrow Pencil (Sand 453), Dior Contour Lipliner Pencil (Sparkling Beige 223), Dior Addict Vibrant Color & Spectacular Shine (Urban 178)".


Troy goes into a bit more detail about how he created the look:

"This Spring I’ve been mixing warm browns with shimmery cool shadows in shades of pale blue, mint green, & lavender. By simply blending a brown shadow over the entire eyelid, then lining the inside & upper outer edges of the eye’s with a chocolate brown or black eyeliner, then using a damp brush I blend a wash of a shimmery cooler shade over the brown. On Miranda Kerr I blended a warm bronzed brown, lined her eyes with black & did a shimmery wash of pale blue eyeshadow. I paired this look with a shimmery pale lip & sunkissed cheeks".

I love the idea of using a rich brown all over the lid then dabbing a super reflective, pastel shimmery shade over the top to add depth to the colour.  I guess you could also use a very dark base or primer to create the same effect.  Little things like that can really make a difference to your overall look!

I recently spoke about MorrocanOil on my blog here and it seems Argan Oil products are filtering into the drugstore/pharmacy market. 


I recently noticed Lee Stafford Argan Oil in Boots priced at just £11.99 for a 50ml bottle which is a lot more affordable than the more expensive brands and also more accessible!  I am going to piuck some up next time I take a trip to Boots because I'm curious to see how it compares to some of the more pricey brands.

Something came over me today and I decided I need to get some new 'going out' shoes.  I want to get a nude pair that will go with everything and I also want to get something vibrant for summer.  I have been lusting over these beautiful specimens and trying to decide which ones I should get...



Dune 'Gracie' Platform £72



Next Nude Corsage Platform Sandals £50


TopShop 'LOIS' Pink Suede Knot Detail Platforms £65

Is it wrong that I want them all????

And this week, after seeing the teaser for Beyonce's new single 'Run The World (Girls)', I am really looking forward to seeing the full video (it looks like Lady GaGa might have rubbed off on her!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment