Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Moisturiser For A Luminous Complexion!

For a long time in my younger years, I predominantly relied on foundation and concealer to make my skin look radiant, even and healthy.  However, I slowly realised that to ensure your makeup always looks fresh and luminous, it's SO important to look after your skin and use a good moisturiser that is suited to your skin type.  You can layer as much makeup as you want on your face but doing that will inevitably age you and the main aim is to keep skin looking young, plump and fresh.

I generally change up my skincare products as summer approaches and I tend to lean more towards products that are light in texture, keep my skin balanced to avoid too much shine and give my skin a natural glow.  The perfect skincare products will vary from person to person because everyone has different skin types and preferences on how they want their skin to look.  However, hopefully this review will be helpful for anyone else who has normal/combo to occasionally dry skin.


I have never really tried Clarins moisturisers properly before as I always thought they were marketed towards the more mature lady.  However, they just brought out the Daily Energizer range which is the first that is geared very much towards young skin.  Here's the lowdown on the Daily Energizer Cream:

"Clarins Daily Energizer Cream has an innovative cocktail of four natural ingredients. The first is an energy boosting shot of Vitamin C that stimulates the skin’s natural defences to keep it looking fresh all day, because young skin has lots of vitality it uses up energy so quickly that it does suffer from periods of fatigue and dull skin tone. The second is Turmeric or Indian saffron, a powerful antioxidant that strengthens this action. The third ingredient is purifying Alchemilla, an astringent plant extract that regulates sebum production to keep pores and the complexion clear. And finally, radiance-boosting Ginkgo biloba, to improve the skin’s uptake of oxygen so it looks brighter and healthier and to strengthen the walls of the skin’s super-fine network of blood capillaries".
I have now been using this moisturiser for over 10 days and I absolutely love it to pieces.  Here's why...

1) It has given my skin the most amazing radiance purely through the natural ingredients (so there's no light reflecting particles to create a 'faux glow').  My skin looks better than it ever has before and I noticed a difference within a couple of days!

2) It has such a refreshing fruit/botanical scent that instantly makes you feel more awake in the morning.  I personally like these kind of scents but I know other people can be fussy about them.

3) Although it's a rich cream formulation, it's not at all heavy or greasy and sinks into the skin effortlessly.  There's no greasy residue whatsoever and it doesn't make you look shiny later in the day either (I normally get a shiny T-zone). 

4) It makes for an excellent make-up base because it absorbs into the skin instantly and the natural radiance it gives your skin even shows through your foundation. I have even found myself skipping on highlighters in the daytime because my skin already has a subtle but natural glow.

5) It seems to make my complexion look so much clearer, more even and it diminishes any flaws in my skintone.  This means less work for me when it comes to foundation application and using concealer.  I have used a lot less concealer since I started using this moisturiser.  It also means I can now wear Estee Lauder Double Wear with confidence without having to worry about how my skin looks (I usually ALWAYS wear Estee Lauder Double Wear).

6) My skin feels really soft and smooth after using this moisturiser and I like the way it seems to balance my skin so it never gets to dry or oily in any particular area.


The jar looks emptier than it should be because I cack-handedly dropped it on the bathroom floor and some of the product tipped out.  I almost cried!

There's nothing quite like bright, clear skin to give you confidence and I always find that when your skin looks great and you have a good base to work on, all your other makeup just falls into place and looks great too.  I would say this moisturiser would suit normal and normal/dry combination skin types the most.  They also do an even lighter gel-cream formulation that would be more suited to oily complexions.

I have decided that this will be my staple day moisturiser for Spring/Summer from now on because it has everything I'm looking for.  I will definitely be stocking up on this. You can get it here from Boots and it's £19.50 for a 30ml jar.     

It's definitely got HG day moisturiser status for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment