Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lazin On a Sunday Afternoon...

I have always liked the Loreal Color Appeal eyeshadows for their brilliant pigmentation so I was interested to see how the Loreal Color Infallible eyeshadows would match up.  I have the Flashback Silver, Eternal Black and Endless Choclat shades.  The powders are compacted into the packaging so they are firm to the touch which means no messy powder all over the place. 


They are also kept in check by a black plastic plug-like lid that keeps the surface of the product tightly packed together.  This feature would also stop the shadows from cracking or going everywhere when travelling.   When you touch the surface of the eyeshadow, it's almost like you are touching a cream product because the eyeshadows are velvety and smooth.  The pigmentation is just crazy and you don't need a lot to build up intense colour! All three shades are rich, dense and don't crease when applied over a good eyeshadow primer. 


The Flashback Silver one has lilac tones to it so it's very unique compared to the other grey-toned eyeshadows in my collection.  The brown has golden reflects that are so small, they just translate as an even golden sheen (much like Mac Wooodwinked but it's a darker shade of brown).  The black is absolutely stunning with silver reflects that would look incredible used as part of a glamourous smokey eye.  They are all very easy to blend and require minimum effort.  I can't wait to pair Endless Chocolat with Mac Woodwinked! 

I have been at it again...the Rise Website!  I always check out their Outlet section as they always have amazing bargains to be snapped up.  I spotted this patchwork sequined mini skirt for only £12.50!  It was difficult t take a picture of it with my camera as the sequins always reflect so much light but you can get a better idea of how it looks by the picture from the site...


It arrived a couple of days ago and fits like a glove.  The sizes are very true to what they should be so there shouldn't be any problems with having to order a size up or down.  The skirt feels really well made despite the bargainous price and the sequins are securely sewn on.  It's actually a really nice length and isn't scary short!ha ha.  You know me, I can never resist anything that sparkles!

The second item I picked up was this grey jersey vest top with embellishment detail on the bust.  It was only £10.00!  The vest is mainly jersey material which hangs nicely but the neckline is a silky fabric that has a lovely sheen to it.  I had to order a size up in this top because I wanted it to be quite flowy rather than very fitted.


I plan to wear this with my Zara skinny jeans and some sky high heels.  I think it will also prove handy for a holiday top too.  There's also one in a pale pink/nude shade that I'm now tempted to get!  I love tops that are smart/casual and are easy to wear so this was spot on for me.

This week I have been experimenting with more summery makeup looks and instead of using my usual peachy blush, I have been using this JK Jemma Kidd In Vogue Perfect Blush in South Beach which is a combination of bronzey shades.  This blush acts as a blush and a highlighter because of the shimmery section in the middle.  I have just been using my usual Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine Bronzer in Honey Matte all over, then this Jemma Kidd Blush as a cheek colour.


It gives a lovely radiance to the cheeks and gives your complexion that nice sunkissed appearance.  It has good pigmentation so you really dont need to pick up a lot of product on your brush.  I am not a massive fan of the clear plastic packaging but on the other hand, it is a handy size to travel with.

You can get it from ASOS for £12.00 and they offer free worldwide delivery with no minimum spend required!

A very cheap product that has served me well these past few weeks has been the ASDA own-brand Clear Skin Toner with Witch Hazel and Tea Tree.  I use it just on my forehead, cheeks and chin (avoiding my nose area as that gets dry easily).  I have found that it has kept my skin VERY clear and I haven't had a spot for ages now.  My skin is generally quite clear and I don't suffer from any kind of acne BUT I do get hormonal spots now and again.


It just shows that you don't have to shell out for a big name brand to get a product that is effective.  This toner has the same ingredients as a lot of the big brands but it costs under £1!  The face wipes are also fantastic and are only 80p for a pack.

I like to keep my skin looking golden pretty much all year round.  I know a lot of people don't believe in self tanning until the summer months when you can pretend it's natural but I just hate my skin being pale.  It doesn't suit me because I have very rosy cheeks naturally so I never get that peaches and cream complexion that looks so good when pale!  I have been trying a new face tanner for the past week that has really impressed me...


It's the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning for face and decollete.  I love self tanning milks because they make life so much easier.  I'm not one who loves the tinted formulations because they just end up all over your pillow!  This formula is lightweight, absorbs quickly and leaves you with silky soft skin and a gorgeous golden glow.  The thing I love about this product is that the colour it gives you is so natural looking, it never streaks or goes patchy and the fact that it treats your skin whilst your wearing it is genius. 


Because the formulation is so light, it's less likely to break you out.  It feels very fresh to apply which is great because I hate self tanners that feel heavy on the skin.  To be quite honest, my skin has never looked so good since I started using this!  There's also another Clarins product that has to take some merit for this so I will post about that soon as well.  So if you want honeyed skin, this is a great product to try.  It's £17.00 for a 125ml bottle but you only need a teeny tiny amount for each application.

Remember I tried the MoroccanOil Shampoo and Conditioner and hated it? Well, luckily they didn't put me off trying the MoroccanOil treatment because I absolutely LOVE this stuff! 


I think I actually prefer it to my Macadamia Oil treatment because it's lighter in consistency which is perfect for my fine hair.  I think if you have thick unruly hair then the Macadamia Oil products would be better suiter to you, whereas people with fine hair that gets greasy easily would be better suited to the MoroccanOil treatment.  The packaging is perfect because you get both a lid AND a pump dispenser which means you can stick the lid on when you're travelling and take the pump dispenser for ease of application when you need it.  I only use one pump of product on my damp hair before I blow dry it straight.  It leaves my hair really smooth and really shiny without weighing it down.  My hair looks so healthy when I use this and I swear it's in better condition.  I just got my hair highlighted on Friday so this product will come in handy to keep my locks nourished and stop the colour from fading.  Thumbs up for this!

And what nail colour have I been rocking this week? Well I decided to wear a bright, summery shade and that shade was Illamasqua JoMina...


I have talked about this electric lilac shade before on my blog and I love because although it's a cool toned shade, it still complements my skintone.  I find that some nail polish shades can drain your hands of colour, in the same way the wrong shade of makeup on your face can.  I love this polsih because it's opaque, easy to apply and reasonably quick to dry.  It lasts a good 5 days on me before I start to see chips in it so that's pretty good going in my book!  I have been lusting over the neon coral shade 'Lament' so I will have to pick up that sometime soon!

What's your favourite Illamasqua nail polish?

I have been listening to Jamie Woon's album Mirrorwriting for the past few days and I really like it.  He's a 28 year old english singer/songwriter, the son of a Malaysian/Chinese father and a Scottish Celtic folk singer so an interesting mix!   He has a very unique style that mizes RnB, Soul and Dubstep. This is a great listen for a lazy Sunday...


I also like this song for a slightly more up beat feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment