Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Liparazzi's Favourites: Jemma Kidd Make Up School


So it's that time again to focus on my favourite products from one brand and this week the spotlight is on Jemma Kidd Make Up School.  I just want to point out that I am not affiliated in any way with the brands that I feature in these posts.  It's just a chance for me to talk about my fave products from their collections.  Here's an insight into the concept behind the brand:

"Jemma Kidd Make Up School takes all of Jemma’s backstage and professional skills translating them into an edited collection of high-performance essentials and make-up must-haves. The line combines professional performance with simplicity, innovation, luxury and step by step teaching. The addition of the new Jemma Kidd PRO capsule collection is the first in science based, technology driven and intelligent backstage essentials ‘developed by artists for artists".


The Skin Rescue Bio-Complex Veil is simply a daily must have for me.  It has already won numerous beauty awards and is a true multi-tasker combining the benefits of a moisturiser, primer, illuminator and sunscreen. "With an anti-ageing complex and active peptides that work to repair age-related skin damage; sodium hyaluronate spheres to moisturise, hydrate, plump and even out fine wrinkles; added anti-oxidants vitamin A, C and E which act as food for the skin to increase elasticity, clarify and brighten,
Formulated with a botanical complex of horse chestnut, algae, butcher broom, calendula and centella extracts which improve the skins micro-circulation, Jemma Kidd Pro Skin Rescue Bio Complex Veil SPF15 P1 uses light reflecting mica pigments to give luminosity and radiance to the skin".
  I apply it every day after my moisturiser and before my foundation because it leaves my skin smooth, silky and radiant.  My foundation always looks gorgeous when I prep my skin with this product first so it has become a staple in my bathroom cupboard.  You only need one pump for your whole face so it has good longevity too.  You can buy the 35ml tube here for £32.00.


I only use the Contour & Flush Creme Blush Duo when I'm on holiday or in the summer because that's when it looks best on my skin, when the sun reflects off your skin and shows off the radiance of these creme products. "Bronze tone adds sun-kissed glow and contours cheekbones while the clear pink adds fresh colour for a pinched-cheek natural flush. Both in a sheer crème blush that glides onto the skin and blends perfectly".  I prefer to use cream formulations in summer because it looks so much fresher on the skin and gives a kind of radiance that is very difficult to achieve with powder alternatives.  I sometimes even use the bronze shade as an eyeshadow primer when I travel to save space.  The formulation is silky and gorgeous and therefore, the blush can also be used as a lip colour too.  You can buy it here for £18.00.


I love the Blushwear Creme Cheek Colour in Paw Paw, a true peach shade that breathes life into your face, is natural-looking and really compliments a golden tan beautifully.  It has an amazing velvety formulation that turns from cream to a silky powder when blended into the cheeks which means no streaks and a super flattering finish. "Formulated with antioxidant vitamins A, C and E this cream to powder formula enhances the complexion and the contours of the face while brightening, conditioning and protecting against free radical damage".  The thing I love the most about this cream blush is that it looks and feels so lightweight on your skin.  You can get it here for £13.00.


Another multi-award winning product from Jemma Kidd is the Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme in Rose Gold.  If you are into really subtle highlighter then this product is for you.  Like all the other Jemma Kidd Creme products, it's very lightweight, non-greasy with an ethereal sheeny finish.  The Rose Gold shade looks lovely just on the very tops of the cheekbones, on the browbones, collarbones or on the cupid's bow.  It has light diffusing properties which make the skin look delicately dewy and naturally radiant.  You can layer the product to intensify the effect if you want something more noticeable.  This creme product has moisturising properties too so it's kind to your skin and never looks cakey.  You can buy it here for £17.00.


I was actually REALLY impressed with these Eye Essentials Shimmer Shadows in Peachie and Pearl from Jemma Kidd.  They are really high quality, smooth and buttery and the pigmentation is fantastic.  Not to mention that they make amazing highlighters in their own right!  Apply Peachie over the Paw Paw creme blush and you have some seriously pretty cheeks!  These eyeshadows glide on your lid and have a lovely shimmery effect without any chunky glittery particles landing on your cheeks.  I would go as far as to say the quality is better than my MAC eyeshadows!  The Eye Essentials Shimmer Shadows come in shades that look super natural for daytime and every needs these staple colours in their collection.  I wish they did more colours because I would buy them all up! You can buy them here for £11.00 each. 


You have heard me talk about this product numerous times over the past few months and I ALWAYS get comments asking what the product is when I wear it on my blog pics.  It's the Iridescent Eye Silk Crayon in Tigers Eye, a rich brown with gold reflects.  This is hands down the prettiest brown liner that I own and I use it most days.  It defines my eyes without looking over the top for daytime and the warm brown shade really enhances blue eyes.  The great thing about this chunky liner is that it never drags on the skin so it's really easy to apply and smudge if desired.  It's £15.00 and you can buy it here.

This Jemma Kidd Essentials palette contains pretty much everything you need for a really pretty and natural daytime to night-time look.  I love the Pomegranate creme blush which is the same product as the Creme Cheek Colour in Paw Paw.  The Pomegranate shade makes an amazing lip colour.  I wore it the other night and it looks really pretty!


1) Pomegranate Cheek & Lip Flush
2) Tea Rose Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lipgloss
3) Grey Eye Wardrobe Eyeshadow Quartet (White)
4) Eye Essentials Shimmer Shadow (Mocha)
5) Brown Eye Wardrobe Eyeshadow Quartet (Taupe)
6) Green Eye Wardrobe Eyeshadow Quartet (Cream)
7) Brown Eye Wardrobe Quartet (Dark Brown)
8) Exclusive Wet/Dry Shadow Liner (Charcoal)

You can read my full review of this palette here.  You can buy this palette for £28.00 here.

I have been really impressed by the Jemma Kidd makeup brushes and particularly with these ones: 


I use this soft powder brush every day to apply my Benefit Hello Flawless powder.  It can also be used for bronzer as well.  It never sheds and it washes really well.  I also love the combination of hot pink and black on the handle.  I really do believe in investing in good makeup brushes because they make such a difference to the way your makeup looks.  It's £27.50 and you can buy it here.


I had been searching for ages for the perfect brush for cream blush products and this tapered Jemma Kidd Pro Pointed Cream Blush/Foundation Brush is my favourite so far.  The tapered end enables you to concentrate the colour in one area OR use the bulk of the brush to blend it out.  This brush is also fantastic for contouring for the same reasons.  It's also very soft and has just the right amount of firm-ness for use with cream or powder products.  It's £20.00 and you can buy it here.


This Pro Crease Brush is my PERFECT tool for applying concealer because it's amazing at buffing it into your skin and creating a truly flawless finish.  It's great for under eyes, around the nose and on blemishes and helps the concealer to disappear into the skin.  Together with Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation (used as a concealer), this combination is my secret to completely flawless skin!  I found that the brush shed a little when I first got it but after I washed it and used some hair conditioner, it hasn't shed since.  You can get the brush here for £18.00. 


This Pro Liner Brush makes applying cream eyeliner really easy because it has such a defined tip and fibres that never splay out and create a mess.  You just hold it horizontal to your lashline and it makes things alot easier! Because the tip is so fine, you can create a really thin line or build up a more dramatic look.  You can buy this brush for £12.00 here.


I love the Ultimate Lipstick Duos in Wendy (bottom) and Grace (top) because not only do you get a lipstick but you also get a lip primer which moisturises and keep your lips in great condition.  The lip colour also feels really moisturising on the lips and gives a lovely sheer colour.  Such a handy product to have in your handbag and Wendy is such a gorgeous peachy colour for summer.  You can buy them here for £13.00 each.


These Hi-Shine Hydrating Glossticks in Bridgetown (beige nude), Sugar Cane (peachy pink) and Hibiscus (coral pinky-red) are the perfect lip products for summer days when you want a lip colour that will moisturise and protect your lips while making them look juicy and gorgeous. 
"Features Include:
•Shiny polymers and lanolin create a colour wash with a high shine finish
•Light reflective particles add fullness to the lips
•Lip plumping "active" ingredients gently smooth and add volume to the lips
•Melissa Oficianalis extract helps soothe and nurture the lip area
•Chisel bullet for precise, professional application
•SPF 15 for added protection from the elements"

Hibiscus is SUCH an incredible colour, I can't even put it into words.  The only word I can think of to sum up the beautiful coral shade is luminous because it makes my skin look more radiant, it brings out my blue eyes and it instantly makes me feel summery.  I could rave about this colour all day long!  The lipsticks come in the usual gorgeous Jemma Kidd floral black packaging, with a chiselled bullet and an addictive 'click' mechanism when you pop it back in it's casing.  It would actually be the perfect accompaniment to OPI's Cajun Shrimp Nail Polish because that's the only colour I have seen that is similar.  If you like corals then I would HIGHLY recommend the Hibiscus shade...Tali you have to check this out! You can get it here for £13.00.

So that wraps up my fave products from Jemma Kidd.  Although another product which I forgot to take pics of is the Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lipgloss in Petal (a delicate peachy pink).  You can read my review here.

Myself, Chris and a few friends booked a group holiday yesterday to Zakynthos in Greece and I cannot wait to go!  We fly out on 14th August and are staying in apartments in Argassi which are right next to the ocean.  We plan on chilling out at the beach, checking out the night life, checking out the sights and culture and having some nice meals at authentic restaurants. 


You know what that means...project 'Holbod' has now commenced because I want to be in tip top shape since it will be a beach holiday.  I'm so glad I don't have to start from scratch because I have been going to the gym 5 times a week so at least that's something.

It's only 12 weeks to go! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment