Thursday, May 5, 2011

Khloe Kardashian Makeup Extravaganza

Whenever my husband, Chris, walks into the room and spies me watching one of the various Kardashian shows he always tuts and shakes his head.  You see, to him the shows are blatantly staged, vacuous and overly dramatic.  However, to me they just serve as a vehicle for me to check out what makeup/hair/fashion looks the Kardashian girls are sporting.  I am perfectly aware that the show is very fake but I just can't help my fascination with their glossy manes and flawless makeup.  They actually makes me want to go brunette!  I must admit that sometimes Kim's makeup is so flawless, it's almost mask-like which doesn't appeal to me.  But Khloe's hair and makeup almost always appeals to me and I prefer her 'no-bull' kind of attitude and silly sense of humour.  She's the sister will balls...as it were.

So, since I always find myself studying her makeup looks, I figured it might be an idea to gather up a few of them, find out what products were used (where possible) and put them in one place...here!


Here's what makeup artist Joyce used:

FACE

"Because Khloé has perfect skin, I apply one of my fav foundations Dior’s Icon Silk foundation for full coverage with a Face Brush. Dust on Smash Box powder all over to get that multi dimensional even coverage with a powder brush.  Define your cheekbones with Dolce & Gabbana Contour Powder in the blush Tan. Use the angled contour brush and your features will POP!  Lightly Brush Dolce & Gabbana Peach Blush called the Bronzer Natural into the apples of the cheeks with blush brush".

EYES
"Brule by MAC is what I use to cover the upper lid for my base.  Blend Blend Blend and deepen the smokey eye by going in and brushing on a darker shadow over the outer corners of your eye. Shadow: Stilla CoCo, Bobby Brown Espresso, & MAC Carbon. Soften look with a angled eye shadow brush mixing a little of brule (your base) and CoCo eye shadows. Do the same for the lower lash line. Smokey eyes cannot be complete without a million coats of Khloe’s Favorite, Lancôme Hypnose DRAMA Mascara! And don’t forget MAC Eye Kohl Eyeliner in Smolder around the entire lash line".
EYE BROWS
"Brush eyebrows with a lash brush then go in and shade the eyebrow with a shader brush and or eyebrow pencil. I like to use MAC’s in Lingering".
LIPS
"First line and fill in lips with Summerfruit cremestick liner by MAC. Then brush on Revlon’s Soft Nude Lipstick which is perfect with a light coat of Macs Wildly Lush Plushglass. Let’s finish off this look with Victoria Secret T-Zone Shimmer"

I also found these videos, by Daneen at SpoiledPretty, quite interesting to get an insight into which products Khloe loves, her tips and also just to see how her sometimes makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic, applies her makeup...



And here's a pic of the finished makeup look that Mario created for Khloe during the video...

And here's the favourite makeup look Khloe was talking about in the video from the opening of the Miami Dash store using the Kevin Aucoin By Candlelight highlighter...


These makeup looks were created by Troy Jensen and I love them both equally!  I couldn't find which products he used by I feel like they serve as good inspiration for creating something similar using products I already have.



I absolutely adored Khloe's wedding makeup which was done by Mario Dedivanovic again.  It was glowy, fresh and so so pretty.  I found out which products were used and I was happy to discover that I own a lot of them!  The Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine Bronzer was used which is my all time favourite bronzer.  Nars Albatross is an amazing highlighter for that super natural daytime glow.  I also LOVE Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara for really fluttery lashes...speaking of that, I need to pick up a new one! 


Her's the lowdown on what was used for Khloe's wedding makeup:

"On Khloe’s skin – To prep skin, I used Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer by Givenchy. I wanted her overall skin to be more matte, even though I was going for the “glowy Khloe.” Most of the time, I will later add the glow to the areas I want. For foundation, I used the new Sheer Matte Foundation by NARS all over skin. For undereyes, I used a bit of Lift Concealer by Make Up For Ever. I set everything with a touch of Translucent Loose Powder by Shiseido".
"Khloe’s Brows are filled in with Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil. It comes in a universal shade. To darken the brow, just apply more".
"Khloe’s eye’s - On the inner rim of the eyes (tear ducts) and on the brow bone, I used b-dazzle eyeshadow by GIELLA. All over the lid, apply the golden shade from NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Mediterranee. On the outter corners of the eyes, crease and along lower lash line, use Antiqued eyeshadow by MAC. To line eyes on top, inner rim and along the outter and lower lash lines, use MAC’s eye pencil in Smolder. Finish the eyes with Khloe’s favorite mascara on top and bottom lashes – Lancome Hynose Mascara!"


"Cheeks – To bronze and warm up Khloe’s skin, I used Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine in Amber Matte. On the hollows of the cheeks, I applied Suntan Matte Bronzelights by Smashbox. For blush, I brushed Orgasm by NARS on the apples of her cheeks. To add glow to the cheekbones and bridge of nose, use Albatross blush, also by NARS".

"Lips – I lined Khloe’s lips with ColorStay Lipliner in Natural, by Revlon. To finish, use Revlon’s Creme Gloss in Pink Cami."

I think he forgot to mention which false lashes he used as it certainly looks like Khloe is wearing some.

I really like the smokey look that Troy Jensen created for Khloe for the Maxim Hot 100 party a couple of years ago.  The smokiness was concentrated on the upper lid which is something I prefer on my own eyes.  There's only a hint of liner on the lower lashline.  It creates a really sexy, sultry look without making the eyes look too tired or heavy.  I have to confess that I fell in love with that Dior bronzer/highlighter/lipgloss kit as soon as I set eyes on it!  I will be trawling Ebay for it as I think it was limited edition :( .  I would say you could create something similar with the Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine Bronzer, Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter and one of the YSL Golden Glosses though.


I think she looks stunning with this makeup!

Here's what Troy used:

"I blended liquid foundation a few shades warmer than Khloe’s natural skin tone to give her a sun-kissed, healthy glow. I then dusted the bronzing powder into her cheeks, along her jawline, and across her forehead. I blended a sunny peach blush across her cheeks, chest, and shoulders for extra radiance. For the eyes, I blended a creme shimmery black eye shadow just to her upper lid".


"Then lined her upper eyelid with liquid eye liner, curled and coated her lashes with black mascara, and drew a very thin Black line below her bottom lashes, and a lined the inside with a soft white eyeliner to open and brighten Khloe’s eye’s. I wanted this look to be sensual and dramatic not over done.For the lips, I applied a sheer gold lip gloss that came in the bronzing Dior kit,”loved”the shimmery gold glosss with my sexy smokey eye".


Which one is your favourite makeup look? Are there any products mentioned that you have been lusting after? Who is your favourite Kardashian?

No comments:

Post a Comment