Friday, March 19, 2010

Urban Decay Eyeshadows

I hope you guys have lovely things planned for the weekend. I will probably spend most of the weekend stressing about my other half. He is in Liverpool with 19 of his friends on his stag weekend! They have got all kinds of things planned for him but I just hope they don't end up hurting him! He thinks it's really unfair that his stag do includes being stripped naked and humiliated while my hen weekend will be full of pampering, fine dining and cocktails.ha ha. Us girls are much more civilised! ha ha.

I can remember the first time I ever bought an Urban Decay eyeshadow back in the days when I only ever wore one shade over over my lid. I wore this eyeshadow religiously and the shade in question was Midnight Cowboy...a gorgeous neutral pink toned beige with glitter. Yes, that's right...I risked fallout to rock this lovely eyeshadow. At least now I know to apply it with a guard under my eye! I find that fixes the problem but I must admit that I would only wear this eyeshadow at night now...when tiny glitter particles can't be seen quite so easily!
Maui Wowie is the perfect dense gold shade for my colouring and I just love pairing it with brown shades like MAC's Woodwinked or Satin Taupe to add a bit of depth and definition. It looks fantastic with flicked cat eye liner.
Goddess is a really pretty petrol blue with shimmer. It looks amazing as a crease colour with Urban Decay Strip, a lilac based silver. I especially like this eyeshadow because it is buttery smooth and has no glitter particles so it's easier to apply.
Here are the swatches...
I really need to do a FOTD to show you how these eyeshadows look when applied! Maui Wowie is just divine as you can see from the swatch above!

What are your favourite Urban Decay eyeshadows? Do you have any tricks to avoid fallout?

No comments:

Post a Comment