Monday, March 8, 2010

The Cream That Saved My Skin

I was really worried about exposing my skin to the -2oC temperatures in Norway at the weekend during my ski trip and I knew I would have to take some serious steps to make sure that my dry skin didn't go bananas! I have suffered from Psoriasis for a few years now and I was scared that I might get an outbreak on my face. It often takes months to heal so you can see why I had to really make sure that I was protecting my skin from bitterly cold winds on the slopes.

Meet my new skin hero....
This was recommended for me as a cream that would intensively moisturise and protect my sensitive skin. And boy did it live up to my expectations! I applied this day and night when I was in Norway. The consistency is like butter, thick and indulgent. But when you apply it to the skin it sinks in really easily and doesn't leave a greasy film like some intensive moisturisers do. Clinique say the following about this cream "Relief in a world of irritants. Tested by a leading dermatologist who specializes in skin allergies on dry, sensitive and reactive skins. With the best barrier restoratives and skin comforters from nature and science to quiet reactivity, it's a world of comfort. Make sure it's on hand".
"Ideal for dry, cracked, easily irritated skins and those bothered by wind and extreme cold. Appropriate for people with eczema or sensitive skin". I not only used this cream on my face, but on my hands too and it really helped to keep my hands supple and soft. I had some dry skin on and around my nose and after two nights of using this cream, they were completely smooth even in the freezing temperatures of Norway! This product is definitely a must have if you have eczema or Psoriasis. It's so hard to find creams that deliver this kind of moisture without a greasy or oily feeling.
I am going to continue to use this cream to fend off the winter weather. I had never really been that keen on Clinique skin care before as I couldn't find anything that suited my skin but this cream has definitely addressed all my skin woes. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment