Sunday, March 21, 2010

FOTD Using New MAC Products

I don't know about you but I always feel so much better once I have had my hair coloured and this time I got three different shades of blonde highlights. The result is quite a cool shade but I really like it. My hairdresser is fantastic, my highlights always look really blended and natural.

So on to the makeup...

I had a couple of requests to do a FOTD with my new MAC products and I was happy to oblige.
I never thought that I would be able to wear a white eyeshadow with intense blue/purple as a contour...but it totally works! I absolutely adore this combination now especially with a nude lip... Face: Revlon Photoready Foundation in Cool Beige, MAC Moisturecover concealer in NW20, Benefit Hello Flawless Powder in Shell, Gorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer in no.1, Sleek Contour Kit, RMK Blush in Holographic Coral, MAC Colour Cream Base in Shell (as a highlight on cheekbones).
Eyes: Benefit Brows A Go-Go kit, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ocre (as a base), MAC Gesso e/s (all over lid and browbone), MAC Crystal e/s (all over lid), MAC Beautiful Iris e/s (on outer corner of eye blended out), MAC Parfait Amour e/s (in outer corners and in crease), Estee Lauder Double Wear Eyeliner in Black Plum (along top lashline), MAC Penultimate Eyeliner (along top lashline and flicked out), Benefit Eyebright (on waterline), YSL Singulier Mascara.
Lips: MAC Naked lipliner, Estee Lauder Pure Colour Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle, MAC Cremesheen liogloss in Boy Bait.
I also wanted to RAVE about a new moisturiser I have found that is amazing for people like me with combination skin. The product is Matis Shine Control Purifying Care Gel-Cream.
The website advises that this cream "both regulates and absorbs sebum and is a genuine “air-conditioner” for the skin. Its unique texture leaves a powdery film on the skin and is perfect for ensuring long-lasting make-up. Matified and protected, the skin can really breathe all day long.• It purifies, protects and re-balances combination and oily skin. • Neutralises the spread of bacteria". This cream claims to improve dilated pores, a dull complexion, uneven skin texture and imperfections. It has absorbent microbeads that continuously neutralise excess sebum. Sounds good huh!
I always struggle to find moisturisers that will combat the shine I get on my forehead, nose and chin after a few hours. I hate having to apply powder over my makeup because I don't want to end up with layers and layers of makeup on my skin. I like my skin to look natural. This cream has a really fresh scent and it feels like it's priming the skin. I didn't feel like I had to apply anything else after it like I usually would because it really felt like it was multitasking. It was moisturising, while mattifying my skin and I also noticed that a couple of blemishes I had disappeared after using this for a couple of days.
It seems to really clarify your skin as you're wearing it. I've never come across a product that does all these things in unison so I was really impressed by this! I can't say that I felt like it left a 'powdery' film on my face, it just left my skin matte and really soft. Although the product is a bit more on the expensive side, I think in my case the benefits are so worth it and also, you only need to use a tiny amount for each application. Because it acts as a moisturiser AND primer, it will be great for travelling and worth the price tag in my opinion. I am wearing it in the pics above so you can see that it doesn't make your skin look dull at all.
The cream is priced at £29.99 for 50ml and you can get it here

No comments:

Post a Comment