Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good Times/Bad Times

GOOD TIMES

1) I’m going skiing in Norway on Thursday and I can’t wait! I still have some bits and bobs to pick up before I go but I’m pretty organised so far. I have also bought some mega strong SPF as the last thing I want is to get burnt on the slopes…the intensity of the sun is increased by 80% at that altitude so you have to be very careful! I will be packing intensive moisturiser as well to ward off any dry skin. Wish me luck! (just don’t say “break a leg”!).
2) I handed in my notice at work on Monday and I’m really excited about a fresh new start. It feels amazingly empowering when you take charge of your life! I’m feeling so positive about meeting new people and taking on some new challenges…I will update you guys more on this soon…
3) My wedding dress wasn’t supposed to be ready until April but I got a call last week saying it had arrived at the bridal shop! I was squealing with excitement…I phoned my mum and she squealed EVEN louder!ha ha. I tried the dress on today and it’s just beautiful and so ‘me’. It’s everything I imagined it to be and I can’t wait to wear it! It’s perfect.
4) Myself and Chris have been desperate to get a pet for ages and since we live in a city centre apartment and work all day, we can’t have a dog or a cat. We have both always had pets and it feels weird not having an animal around the place…if that makes sense??? Anyways, Chris suggested we get a hamster! At first I thought, no…they are for kids aren’t they? (I had one when I was about 11 or 12 and loved it). But I have slowly been coming around to the idea when I thought about how cute they are and how entertaining they can be. To cut a long story short, we are going to get a hamster when we get back from Norway next week. Expect pics next week!
5) It’s ALMOST time for the release of ‘Shutter Island’, the new movie by Martin Scorsese, starring Leonardo Di Caprio (UK release date is 12th March). I have heard so much about this film and I hope it lives up to my expectations. I am a huge Scorsese fan (ok, I’m a big Leo fan too!). I have been so impressed with the way Leonardo has really grown into a mature and multi-faceted actor. I used to think he was just a pretty boy but he has really proven himself in films like Blood Diamond, The Aviator and The Departed.

BAD TIMES

1) I don’t know what it is, but lately I have had some weird, random people trying to add me as a friend on Facebook…for example, one guy sent me a message saying “Hi Laura x”, I asked him if I knew him and he said “Yeah, kinda, we go to the same gym”…seriously…why would you do that???? I now feel VERY uncomfortable at the gym!
2) I have been so busy lately that I’m finding it really difficult to fit in my usual 5 trips to the gym every week. Because of this, my weight has begun to plateau…I have stayed the same weight for the past 3 weeks…which is very annoying! I need to get myself back on track again. I try not to get too hung up on the number on the scales because I’m constantly putting on muscle with my gym workouts. I have yet to measure myself so maybe I have made some progress with toning…

No comments:

Post a Comment